Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more interior cayenne pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:37 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 211 Posts

My software is 2.4- could be the culprit. Also, I don't use the Map screen in the cluster area. In fact, I removed that view all together, along with the Phone, Nav, and Trip info views. I only have TPMS, Radio, and the "custom" Vehicle info screen available in the cluster. When I tried out the Map screen today, the Map takes up the whole cluster screen, no time or compass in my upper or lower lines like I have in all my other views.

Keep us updated on if you're able to update the software- good luck.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:50 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
My software is 2.4- could be the culprit. Also, I don't use the Map screen in the cluster area. In fact, I removed that view all together, along with the Phone, Nav, and Trip info views. I only have TPMS, Radio, and the "custom" Vehicle info screen available in the cluster. When I tried out the Map screen today, the Map takes up the whole cluster screen, no time or compass in my upper or lower lines like I have in all my other views.

Keep us updated on if you're able to update the software- good luck.
Wait, so your software v2.4 is doing the same thing mine is with the map screen. The map takes up the whole cluster screen. The time and temp shows up when I apply the brakes and as I found out today, when I'm on the phone.

Taking my Cayenne in Wednesday. I hope they don't wipe out my settings when they update the software.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Wait, so your software v2.4 is doing the same thing mine is with the map screen. The map takes up the whole cluster screen. The time and temp shows up when I apply the brakes and as I found out today, when I'm on the phone.

Taking my Cayenne in Wednesday. I hope they don't wipe out my settings when they update the software.
Not exactly- when I have the map up in the cluster, it does take the whole screen, but pressing the brakes doesn't change it at all. Seems kinda odd that it would change when the brakes are pressed?

Let us know how it goes on Wed. I wonder how often the software is updated?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:55 AM
eddiek
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No time display

i asked me salesman about that and there is no place that the time is displayed continuously. The settings on the TFT will show it if set but not on the map/nav as you're finding out. I love the SUV otherwise but I can't believe that there is no place where the time is displayed all the time. On the PCM, there is space to put it at the bottom right center which is blank but I'm sure this would only happen on PCM 4.0. It's almost worthwhile to tape a small digital clock to the dash.....
Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eddiek
i asked me salesman about that and there is no place that the time is displayed continuously. The settings on the TFT will show it if set but not on the map/nav as you're finding out. I love the SUV otherwise but I can't believe that there is no place where the time is displayed all the time. On the PCM, there is space to put it at the bottom right center which is blank but I'm sure this would only happen on PCM 4.0. It's almost worthwhile to tape a small digital clock to the dash.....
or could wear a watch,
Old 02-08-2011, 02:26 AM
SeaPors
Advanced

In the multi-display I have the menu set so that in every screen of that display except the nav screen the bottom line includes the current time and temperature so I have no complaints about the C clock situation. To me it makes sense that the nav map would not be shortened further to include the time and temp on the bottom line. The display is too small IMO for a nav map anyway so really don't use that display alternative much (although it does have a cool factor). For me the digital time/temp is always available. The brake/time display issue sounds like a software glitch that maybe a reset of sorts might correct.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

The only reason why I thought it wasn't operating properly is because someone else said they were able to see the time&temperature on the cluster map while driving. I don't think the brake/time display is a glitch. Try it out at the next stop light. The time&temp should display on the map mode when you're stopped. Actually it may only display when the engine is on fuel save mode. It also shows up during handsfree phone operation.

I don't care that much as the tire pressure screen with fuel range above and time&temp below is more useful to me.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:44 AM
dbm911
Track Day

Is it just me or does the cig. lighter in the cup holder area make anyone else nervous? Seems like an odd place to be located considering the potential for fluid spills.

I do love the updated interior. Wish I could retrofit my '05 with it!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 PM
drivenstyle
1st Gear

Just wondering how many people are happy with their 2011 cayenne v6? i know the previous model cayenne v6 was a disaster. Please explain.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:38 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Got my truck back. I attached a pic of the service actions covered under warranty. First was to check engine oil level and correct. I never had an oil consumption issue with my v6 through 2k+ miles. Next was re-programming a/c system, steering wheel electronics (have sport wheel) and lane change assist (don't have). Finally re-programming instrument clusterm rear-end electronics and powerlift tailgate.

I only spent a few minutes testing things out. Fortunately not every memory option including radio presets are not wiped out. I had to re-program it to unlock all doors and turn off comfort access. I still can't see time&temp on the map cluster screen while I'm driving. Based on feedback, I'm assuming this is normal. Best improvement is the tailgate control. Still can't close via the keyfob. Still can't have to open via the the button on the driver's door once you turn off the car. However, when you go to manually open the tailgate by pushing and lifting on the tailgate button, it's less sensitive. Before, I would push the button and any push of the button again as you would naturally do to try to make it go up faster doesn't stop the lift operation. It was very counterintuitive. Now it just keeps going up. Again, I had version v2.2 from my Oct/Nov 2010 delivery.
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

what changed w/ AC and steering wheel? just updates?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:20 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
what changed w/ AC and steering wheel? just updates?
Didn't test the a/c out yet, too short a drive home. I never had a specific issue with the air-conditioning, than again it hasn't been that warm here in San Francisco except last weekend.

I'm wondering if they are referring to the whole HVAC system. I take the kids to school in the morning which is about 10 min away. Just before I get there, the fans start cranking. By that time I'm acclimated to whatever the current interior temp is so that I feel like turning the fan speed down manually. I tried adjusting the settings and it still behaved the same way. I'll make an adjustment tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.

As far as the steering wheel, my sport wheel only has a horn and the shift paddles. I don't anticipate any changes.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:53 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the update. The tailgate operation seems consistent with how mine works. As far as the map in the cluster, I noticed today the time flashes at the bottom after a call, but goes away quickly and doesn't come back, even if I'm pressing the brakes. Does the time still reappear for you while braking? And it doesn't seem like they updated your software? Still at 2.2?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:15 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slwong23
Thanks for the update. The tailgate operation seems consistent with how mine works. As far as the map in the cluster, I noticed today the time flashes at the bottom after a call, but goes away quickly and doesn't come back, even if I'm pressing the brakes. Does the time still reappear for you while braking? And it doesn't seem like they updated your software? Still at 2.2?
I just checked I indeed still have V2.2. The time&temp consistently pops up after I apply the brakes for a few minutes. The more I look at it, the more I realize how much the time does block the map. At this point I only have two things that could be changed . . .

1. I wish I could change the temp display on the main PCM screen to show time. Between my business and family I'm always racing to some place and rarely wear a watch.

2. I wish I could close the rear hatch remotely especially on rainy days.

But again, overall I'm satisfied. I'm not going to spend any more time trying to fix something that may not be broken.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:20 PM
AK1
Intermediate

Great pictures.

Question: do you have the standard factory audio system? If so, it looks like it comes with the USB jack to plug in an iPod. Is this correct?

Quick Reply: more interior cayenne pics