Cayenne Coolent Pipe Class Action Law Suit - Effort Now Underway

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:10 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by hadenough
totally agree, just picked up this morning 3400 dollars, on quote says replaced defective pipes, so how is this not a recall, 21 warranty repairs and 1000's spent in 8 years with no help from porsche ,its only done 80,000 ks, we paid 150,000 for this thing, last 6 months 8000 spent to keep it on road, broken drive shaft ( can you believe it) electrical went ,could not lock or open doors, now cooling pipe and pump, sold 13 year old toyota prado to friend,she still gets recalls and warranty run out 11 years ago. Just wondering has anyone had 21 warranty repairs ( remember this does not count the 20 repairs we have paid for) or am i just damm well unlucky, Ive emailed a guy that does car talk back radio to see if he can help but not holding my breath, I wish you guys all the luck in your class action, Im from australia and am doing my darndest to take this further , it's like talking to a brick wall over here ,owners of 2004's are on there own, they dont want to hear from us, only for repairs which come out of my pocket, anyway , wish yas well.
Wait until the engine needs replacing at 120,000 kms..... That is when mine got done due to scoring on 4 of the 8 cylinders. Luckily it was under warranty or it would have been USD$15k
Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 AM
drjsuh
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with this effort. I was part of a similar effort against Audi for my RS6 -- specifically the very problematic DRC suspension. Audi of America did finally bow to the pressure of the lawsuit and recalled the DRC suspension for RS6's in 2009 and I heard that they finally did the same for RS4's too. I also heard that they did reimburse folks who had either paid to fix their DRC suspension out of pocket prior to the recall or even had replaced the suspension with aftermarket parts (a lot of folks did this in order to just avoid the whole DRC issue as quite a few people had to 'repair' it several times). I actually didn't have the DRC issue with my RS6 (but had about every other problem imaginable on an RS6), but had it replaced anyway as Audi also did some parts/design updates and figured it was just a matter of time before it broke.

If I buy a 2008/9 GTS and those years get added to the list/lawsuit -- I will happily join. From what I have read the 2008 and above still has plastic coolant pipes, but a much better/possibly less problematic design...although I am sure that time will tell.

On a slightly different but related topic, has Porsche been having issues with carbon buildup on their Direct Injection engines? I haven't seen any posts about that, but that is the latest issue that Audi owners are really struggling with lately and wouldn't be surprised to see a similar lawsuit put together by them on this topic.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 PM
hadenough
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Three things to "know" before desperation leads to victimization and depression.

Here we listen and understand!

You are not alone!

Sell the damn car!
Thanks John, great advice, yep, she has to go, love the look of her and love it whens its going but can't put up with porsche treatment no more, thinking for only a second about new diesel cayenne but just too scared to go there, this is one porsche owner they have lost for good, BMW X6 here i come, (i think)
Old 10-13-2011, 12:09 PM
PilotSmith
Track Day

I just signed up on the class action page. With my coolant tubes, drive shaft, airbag, and transmission seal all failing within 6 months and with less than 100K miles it kind of soured my relationship with Porsche. If it was a $18K KIA I would have been covered 100%. It was so abundantly clear that the tubes were a products defect. Porsche should have stepped up to the plate and taken care of its customers voluntarily. Fortunately, with the coolant tubes I got Porsche to cover 75% of the repair. But that still was unacceptable. Consequently, the Cayenne is going to be sold in the next month and we are leasing a BMW. The thought of no maintenance costs for the next 3 years makes me happier than a pig in mud.

PS. I really don't expect much from the class action lawsuit but maybe a 10% discount on an oil change at the dealer with a service valued at over $900, or perhaps a free Porsche keychain. Typically only the lawyers make money on these things and the consumers get a worthless token. However, since a lot of people put out some good $$$ to fix this defect, maybe we'll actually see some cash on this one, but no holding my breath.

Last edited by PilotSmith; 10-14-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:43 PM
hadenough
7th Gear

Originally Posted by PilotSmith
I just signed up on the class action page. With my coolant tubes, drive shaft, airbag, and transmission seal all failing within 6 months and with less than 100K miles it kind of soured my relationship with Porsche. If it was a $18K KIA I would have been covered 100%. It was so abundantly clear that the tubes were a products defect. Porsche should have stepped up to the plate and taken care of its customers voluntarily. Fortunately, with the coolant tubes I got Porsche to cover 75% of the repair. But that still was unacceptable. Consequently, the Cayenne is going to be sold in the next month and we are leasing a BMW. The thought of no maintenance costs for the next 3 years makes me happier than a pig in mud.

PS. I really don't expect much from the class action lawsuit but maybe a 10% discount on an oil change at the dealer with a service valued at over $900, or perhaps a free Porsche keychain. Typically only the lawyers make money on these things and the consumers get a worthless token. However, since a lot of people put out some good $$$ to fix this defect, maybe we'll actually see some cash on this one, but no holding my breath.
You go straight back to porsche today and demand some drinking glasses, for the drive shaft i got glasses and for the coolant pipes i received a pen, now that is service, you guys in the usa are being ripped off big time, I cant understand why you guys are doing this class action, we have amazing service over here, lol
PS. o yer dont put glasses in dishwasher, the emblem comes off, Ive been told they have put a recall out for that tho,
Old 10-18-2011, 08:11 AM
pokerjarvis
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've joined the charge, with fingers crossed. I just went through the coolant flood/towing/repair ordeal so the expense and frustration remain at the front of my brain.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerjarvis
I've joined the charge, with fingers crossed. I just went through the coolant flood/towing/repair ordeal so the expense and frustration remain at the front of my brain.
What year is your P!G and who did the work?
Old 10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
bigjef
3rd Gear

just signed up myself. Cayenne left me on the side of the road on a family vacation last Friday afternoon. Got the $2250 phone call this morning. Great way to start a Monday.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got to tell ya, some of these prices you lot are being changed are whacky
Old 10-30-2011, 08:31 PM
PilotSmith
Track Day

Originally Posted by hadenough
You go straight back to porsche today and demand some drinking glasses, for the drive shaft i got glasses and for the coolant pipes i received a pen, now that is service, you guys in the usa are being ripped off big time, I cant understand why you guys are doing this class action, we have amazing service over here, lol
PS. o yer dont put glasses in dishwasher, the emblem comes off, Ive been told they have put a recall out for that tho,
SOB, the dealer never told me about the pen and glasses! I didn't get anything for the drive shaft. I did get Porcshe to comp a good chunk of the coolant pipe repair. I may just draft a letter demanding my glasses, pen, and a keychain to compensate me for my troubles.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:04 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, I'm signed up.

Holding breath......now.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wait, I can get a keychain?

I hope it's better than the cheap piece of crap the dealer gave me when I bought the P!g.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:20 PM
hadenough
7th Gear

Hay mate, (rijowysock) you obviously do not have the problems we all have because you have not the foggiest how we feel, give us a break,my checkbook does take this seriously thank-you,just give us cayenne owners a few lousy minutes to laugh about our problems,when you are at service centre with head on managers table about to cry (im a women) or driving a 200,000 dollar pig ( cost after all repairs so far ) and wondering about every noise then come back and see if you could do with a bit of a smile.Ill be waiting for you as i have no choice unlike yourself in having to come back to check on the progress.Have a nice day.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Excuse me Mate, WE ALL HAVE HAD these problems, some of us have been thru lemon law proceedings and law suits with PCNA and PAG

I have had the coolant pipes 2 drive shafts a new transmission 2 air struts, 4 sets of coils air compressor etc etc etc

i have had it since new so before you start throwing stuff around be aware that we are all in the same boat.

What we disagree on is the futility of a hopes raising CAS which based on EXPERIENCE will die
Old 10-31-2011, 09:03 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

I think I may be on the ban wagon too now. I just had time to look at my own car and this is what I came up with is this a totally different leak or the beginning of the coolant tubes???

Name:  DIGI0010.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  DIGI0014.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  67.6 KB

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coolent Pipe Class Action Law Suit - Effort Now Underway