Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne price increase

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 06:49 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

With the recent price increase, combined with the VERY VERY limited build allocations Porsche is giving dealers, the final price, even more than before will depend on the relationship you have built with your dealer. Do a search, there are very few Cayennes out there right now and not many unsold units in the pipeline.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
With the recent price increase, combined with the VERY VERY limited build allocations Porsche is giving dealers, the final price, even more than before will depend on the relationship you have built with your dealer. Do a search, there are very few Cayennes out there right now and not many unsold units in the pipeline.
I wonder why that is? Are they all going to China?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Jsonorous
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard that a lot of them are going to Russia and China. The Dollar is in rough shape at the moment, it makes more financial sense for PAG to send vehicles to markets with greater profitability.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ Mike in Ca: which dealer did you use? Mill Valley? I bought from Livermore and had a great experience (after some not so great experiences at other SF Bay dealers)
Old 01-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mt-sfo
@ Mike in Ca: which dealer did you use? Mill Valley? I bought from Livermore and had a great experience (after some not so great experiences at other SF Bay dealers)
Sonnen Porsche in Mill Valley. I actually have no complaints about the dealership or my salesman. As a repeat buyer, I think they were fair on price especially given the current market for Cayennes. I don't know that they will pass the increase on to me, only that the language of the contract does not guarantee factory pricing and presumably they could.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:01 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Mine is due in late Feb. and The bottom line as I read the Porsche NA line is:

"Only the actual invoice issued by PCNA at the time this vehicle is purchased by the dealer may be used as an official indication of pricing"

It is my understanding that the dealer actually purchases the vehicle only after it has passed the PCNA inspection at the port in the US it has been unloaded at. The dealer owns the vehicle during the trucking to his/ her location.

Weak US dollar and foreign markets that are buying all Cayennes produced causes price increases.
i noticed the 1k on my cayenne as well, i already paid for the car in full and have the contract and such, i am curious to what will happen when it arrives...
Old 01-17-2011, 12:04 AM
mt-sfo
Instructor

@mike - yeah I talked with a very knowledgeable salesman there (M. G.). but he couldn't/wouldn't get an allocation for a manual transmission cayenne. how's their service dept.?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

mt-sfo, M.G. is my guy; he's very good and follows up on everything promptly. I know allocations have been very tight on Cayennes and he has told me that they can't get all the cars they could sell. My guess would be that he couldn't rather than wouldn't.

I've been pleased with the service department. For example, they have a top quality German made 4 wheel chassis alignment rig and guys who are adept at doing set up for track work. They also advertise performance modding; chipping etc. I've negotiated charges for things like chassis alignment and paddle wheel install; they're not cheap but not outrageous either. Quality of work has been very good. Recently I wanted my service indicator reset; they took me in on the spot and no charge. Probably helps that I've bought 3 Porsches and 2 Audis from them.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:08 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsonorous
I placed my order in early December, and full payment is due February 22nd (one month before I pick it up in Leipzig) - I wonder if I will be paying the previous price or the new price...
For all my Porsches that I have ordered - (in fact all my vechicles I have ordered since I order all of the now)....

You Pay Price At Time Of Order As Placed...

Anything Else and your Dealer is messing with ya...
Old 01-17-2011, 09:59 AM
bkcarrera
Advanced

We had a early Dec. build on a CS. The unit is on the ground in RI (ship was Pegasus Hwy). Should be here before the end of the month.
We ordered rear airbags as an option.
I stopped by the dealer just to visit on Sat. They said customer ordered cars would keep the old pricing. May have saved a few bucks.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:53 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bkcarrera
We had a early Dec. build on a CS. The unit is on the ground in RI (ship was Pegasus Hwy). Should be here before the end of the month.
We ordered rear airbags as an option.
I stopped by the dealer just to visit on Sat. They said customer ordered cars would keep the old pricing. May have saved a few bucks.
That falls in the category of Dealer good will for good customers as per my previous post the dealer will actually have to pay the price when Porsche NA issues an invoice to him. That invoice is only issued AFTER the vehicle successfully completes the Porsche NA inspection after unloaded from its ship. As I said before all of us in this mix of having a vehicle in the pipeline when a price increase occurs are basically in limbo until the time of actual "completing the paperwork occurs and we are handed the keys.

Rilley, you are probably in good shape as the dealer has had your money and most likely made money on it.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:59 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

f4plt's post is 100% correct.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:47 AM
snappy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

motortrend suv of the year increase tax
Old 01-18-2011, 04:12 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Quick update on pricing. I'm paying the final agreed upon price from back in Sept. There was no mention of any price increase/change. Hopefully, I will take delivery within the next week!

Thinking about this more, wouldn't the dealer be invoiced based on the order that was placed and accepted by Porsche? It doesn't make sense to me that the dealer would have to pay more for the car just because it arrives after the price change. I'm obviously looking at this with hindsight, but it's consistent to what bkcarrera's dealer indicated and just about anything else pre-ordered/negotiated.

Anyhow, hopefully those who ordered and negotiated a price will pay only that price and nothing more. I guess if your build date is scheduled for after the cut-off of when the rear air bags are included, you may have a different story to tell us later...
Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by slwong23
Quick update on pricing. I'm paying the final agreed upon price from back in Sept. There was no mention of any price increase/change. Hopefully, I will take delivery within the next week!

Thinking about this more, wouldn't the dealer be invoiced based on the order that was placed and accepted by Porsche? It doesn't make sense to me that the dealer would have to pay more for the car just because it arrives after the price change. I'm obviously looking at this with hindsight, but it's consistent to what bkcarrera's dealer indicated and just about anything else pre-ordered/negotiated.

Anyhow, hopefully those who ordered and negotiated a price will pay only that price and nothing more. I guess if your build date is scheduled for after the cut-off of when the rear air bags are included, you may have a different story to tell us later...
Glad it worked out for you and hope you're right about the impending delivery! I contacted my salesman re: the price change. He told me I would be paying the price we negotiated since the order was placed before the increase. I didn't ask whether it was good will on the part of the dealership or not. FWIW, my build date (pushed up 1 week to Feb 16) is after the airbag change.

Quick Reply: Cayenne price increase