Sponsored by:

2004 Cayenne (Newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 12:07 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trentcoleman
It is being sold by an individual and it is a 2004 "S" model with all the options. He is asking $14,500 for it but I do not know what messages scrolled across the message screen at start up. The exterior and interior appear to be in immaculate condition and we popped the hood and it looks clean. I haven't run a carfax on it and the buyer bought it at Carmax so I'm not sure what dealer serviced it (could have been a dealership in another state).

The seller was upfront as far as I know and stated this isn't a car you buy if you don't have a slush fund to fix it. The "!" light has me worried, but on some of my past vehicles it was "tire pressure" or "check engine".

Any other comments or thoughts?
You mean the owner couldn't scroll to the warning screen to read the error (buttons at end of wiper stalk)? That's odd - maybe because it says "RUN! ABOUT TO SELF COMBUST!!"

Seriously, it could just be a burnt out bulb. If you're serious about the vehicle, have a PPI performed like suggested. $14,500 is very cheap it seems for one of these but a couple of repairs are not. Pretty much no P!g repair is under $1,000. Remember, bacon is never cheap and never buy bacon because it's cheap!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:04 PM
mellowyellow-atlanta
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trentcoleman
Hey guys,

I have read other posts and yes I am new to the board. I have never owned a porsche before but I'm looking at a 2004 Cayenne S with 72k miles. Looked at it tonight and it seems to be in good condition and the price is reasonable. My first of many questions for you guys is there is an "!" light on the dashboard that I'm not sure what it means. I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on this for me.

Other advice/suggestions are welcomed. Have a good weekend and thanks in advance.

TC
Trent - it could be something as simple as the upper back window on the hatch not being closed all the way, or a door open as you try to drive it.

And no, this will NOT show up as a "Warning" section of the center LCD display.

Definitely get a PPI on something with this many miles.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:20 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Stop holding back Lewis, tell the newbie how you really feel!
I am hungry, I feel like marinated Newbie in a Cardan Shaft, marinated in 2004 Cracked Coil Vineyards Coolant...

Quick Reply: 2004 Cayenne (Newbie)