Sponsored by:

2008 Porsche Cayenne Brake pad change

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 AM
CaptJim
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1234
I used the Bosch Quiet Quest on my Cayenne. I applied the Bosch syn. grease between the piston and the back of the pads. Should I have not done it? Also, the hardware kits are quite rusted. The discs are also thinner, not smooth
You put grease on the back of your pad? Disk brake quiet liquids are supposed to be sticky.

I am planning to change my 09 soon. I haven't done this on a Porsche yet. I believe the warning light should be just like my Mercedes. if the sensor is touching ground, r the disk, light comes on.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:13 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1234
Has 52,000miles on my 08 Cayenne S, changed out the pads and sensors for the first time but not the rotors and hardware kits. Afterward, noise developed.... it's like snapping sound(from the rear brakes) while stopping in reverse. Immediately going forward and stop in a short distance would hear snapping sound from the front. However, if immediatley going forward for a few blocks or more before stopping would not make any snapping sound from the front. If it doesnt involve backing, the brakes are perfect going forward.

I used the Bosch Quiet Quest on my Cayenne. I applied the Bosch syn. grease between the piston and the back of the pads. Should I have not done it? Also, the hardware kits are quite rusted. The discs are also thinner, not smooth.

Also, can anyone tell me how to turn off the brake pad waring light?

One more thing, anyone knows how to turn off the enging light?

Thank you in advance for your help!
please have an auto repair shop check your brakes
Old 09-16-2014, 08:46 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended cranking

My 08 Cayenne S takes about 2-3 seconds to start. engine light is on.. i dont have a scanner. I checked air, electrical and fuel.. air and fuel are fine.. except no sparks for 2-3 seconds before it starts.. once it started, the engine is horrible...after about 10 seconds the engine is quiet. The car cannot be driven in a hurry but if you take the time it will get up to speed. I suspected the crankshaft positon sensor or cps. found ohm at 924 and power supply to the cps at 1.95V. Can somone tell me if they are good numbers? On my own, I read that power supply to cps should be either at 5 or 8v. is that true? If the power supply is too weak, is there somthing wrong with the powertrain control module or pcm? Can someone kindly enough to advice me? thank you in advance for your help.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

where are you located ?

buy a durametric

your coils sound done

none of your ideas sound applicable to a Cayenne
Old 10-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Lery
4th Gear

Originally Posted by CaptJim
You put grease on the back of your pad? Disk brake quiet liquids are supposed to be sticky.

I am planning to change my 09 soon. I haven't done this on a Porsche yet. I believe the warning light should be just like my Mercedes. if the sensor is touching ground, r the disk, light comes on.
same thing with me I did put some grease on the back plate since the shims were metallic not the sticky mesh.
I thought I had purchase great ceramic brakes but experience that they are too hard and sleep I pulled them out and put the semimetalic ones that are the originals and they did come with the sticky mesh and that fixed the sound and and got a great bite back.
The cayenne is too heavy to use ceramic pads since the pads are to hard. you need softer pads with good bite, I also replace the brake fluid since it calls for a replacement of it every two years.
No I do not have any problem.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Lery
4th Gear

Thumbs up

same thing with me I did put some grease on the back plate since the shims were metallic not the sticky mesh.
I thought I had purchase great ceramic brakes but experience that they are too hard and sleep I pulled them out and put the semimetalic ones that are the originals and they did come with the sticky mesh and that fixed the sound and and got a great bite back.
The cayenne is too heavy to use ceramic pads since the pads are to hard. you need softer pads with good bite, I also replace the brake fluid since it calls for a replacement of it every two years.
No I do not have any problem.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:57 AM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 386 Likes on 275 Posts

Just did the rears on my 05 and fronts on my 06 . The hardest part was cracking the pins to remove the pads . Nothing a c-clamp and some lube couldn't fix. Overall opening my beers while I was doing the job was the hardest part. My rotors were fine and total cost for pads and sensors for both totalled $220.00 . I went with SKB pads and so far they are great ...Dealer quotes for brakes are just plain ridiculous ..Save your money and take your gal out on the town instead !!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:31 AM
Jeroen Pipelers
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Prime Auto parts has very good and quiet ceramic brake pads for less then 30$. I disconnected the sensors. Never again i will be disturbed by annoying messages. Rotors have minumum thickness written on it. So no need to replace them before they reach minimum.

Quick Reply: 2008 Porsche Cayenne Brake pad change