Sponsored by:

Cargo liner options revisited

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaine S
I'm not sure that the Porsche Cayenne Cargo System is available yet for the 2011's
Maybe not, but the reversible cargo mat is, and that's what is apparently supposed to have the protective flap. Unless I'm confused. To be clear, has anyone ordered a reversible mat for a 2011 Cayenne that has the flap?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 AM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Code:
Maybe the flap only comes with the new MY11 Cayenne mat design?
That's correct, the flap is for the 2011 Cayenne. The 2011 Cayenne doesn't have the top bumper protection (steel plate) that the older models had.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:06 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Just ordered one and I will let you know when it gets here next week. Had not thought about the flap but that is a great idea, much like the flap on the gas filler on the older Porsches to protect the finish.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 207 Posts

I also ordered one from Sunset, but it probably won't be here for a couple weeks or so. I'll report back when it arrives.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:21 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Cargo mat just arrived and it does have the protective flap, please see pics (sorry for the quality, taken with the blackberry).
Attached Images   
Old 01-31-2011, 09:35 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

would it work better putting the flap velcro'd to the actual floor, that way when you need it you lift up the reversible mat and flip it out? and then it would be useful when the mat is on the rubber side as well?

i plan on getting one for the 11, esp with the 20% off coupon.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the high side liner in the back of mine and i like how it catches everything.

i also have the cargo system and like it. i usually leave if flat most of the time and only fold out the sides when doing small shopping. it only takes a second to fold out - can do it with 1 hand in case the other is full.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by slwong23
Cargo mat just arrived and it does have the protective flap, please see pics (sorry for the quality, taken with the blackberry).
Thanks for posting the pics. My cargo mat, rubber floor mats, and clear side markers will be here Thursday. Took advantage of the 20% coupon and got the parts early. Just no car yet to put them in.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
would it work better putting the flap velcro'd to the actual floor, that way when you need it you lift up the reversible mat and flip it out? and then it would be useful when the mat is on the rubber side as well?

i plan on getting one for the 11, esp with the 20% off coupon.
Not sure the velcro would stick to the floor. There is a velcro strip on the rubber side of the mat as well, but given the size of the flap and how it attaches, I don't think it would work well on the bottom. The mat is worth getting IMO, but I wish it was higher quality.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Thanks for posting the pics. My cargo mat, rubber floor mats, and clear side markers will be here Thursday. Took advantage of the 20% coupon and got the parts early. Just no car yet to put them in.
The rubber floor mats are nice, I think the quality of those are better than the cargo mat. Are you planning to ins all the side markers yourself?
Old 02-01-2011, 03:34 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure the velcro would stick to the floor. There is a velcro strip on the rubber side of the mat as well, but given the size of the flap and how it attaches, I don't think it would work well on the bottom. The mat is worth getting IMO, but I wish it was higher quality.

The rubber floor mats are nice, I think the quality of those are better than the cargo mat. Are you planning to ins all the side markers yourself?
think i am getting it, i like the plastic one better but it doesnt have holes for the hooks, i need the hooks to tie stuff down so reversible it is..

anyone know what the curtain is called that hooks into the headliner odd 8 shaped holes?

i dont see it on suncoast anywhere.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:17 AM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did someone say 20% off coupon? How do I get one?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 01:32 PM
SeaPors
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike in CA

Which vendor did you go with and did they provide the discount you mention? Have seen reference in this thread to Sunset. Is that the Portland, OR dealer or another? Suncoast in FL seems to have the best online parts store I have found but shipping may be expensive, particularly to the Left Coast.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Yeah, I'm planning to do it myself. From what I've read it's more involved than replacing the markers on a 911 or Boxster, both of which I've done, but hopefully it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Originally Posted by SeaPors
Which vendor did you go with and did they provide the discount you mention? Have seen reference in this thread to Sunset. Is that the Portland, OR dealer or another? Suncoast in FL seems to have the best online parts store I have found but shipping may be expensive, particularly to the Left Coast.
I went with Suncoast in Florida. UPS ground shipping to CA for the cargo mat, floor mats and side markers was about $35 but there is no sales tax which offsets that cost. Suncoast did honor the 20% coupon. I just printed it out and fax'd them a copy. The coupon is 20% off list price, not their discounted price, so some items like the clear side markers were already cheaper without the discount. But the mats were cheaper with the discount, and I saved about $50 IIRC.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by BaysideC4
Did someone say 20% off coupon? How do I get one?

Thanks
Winter Coupon 20% Off
Old 02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
SeaPors
Advanced

Thanks Mike for the info. On the side markers, for an 11 Cayenne the replacement is easy. I bought the clears at my dealer and they did the "work" at no charge as only takes a few minutes. The amber ones pop out with a flat pry tool and then pop in the clears. All done from the outside so no need to get inside the fender. Owners manual appears to be out of date on this.

Quick Reply: Cargo liner options revisited