Sponsored by:

Cargo liner options revisited

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaPors
Thanks Mike for the info. On the side markers, for an 11 Cayenne the replacement is easy. I bought the clears at my dealer and they did the "work" at no charge as only takes a few minutes. The amber ones pop out with a flat pry tool and then pop in the clears. All done from the outside so no need to get inside the fender. Owners manual appears to be out of date on this.
I just picked up my Cayenne last week and changed out the side markers- the owner's manual instructions were spot on. There is a safety clip that needs to be released before the lens can be removed, I really can't see this being done without getting behind the wheel housing. I'm also not sure how you could pry the lens out from the front without damaging the paint or the area that is housing the lens? I wouldn't say it was hard, but the first one did take a good 45 mins. I'm not the typical DIY guy, so there very likely could be an easier way.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I just replaced the side markers on my 09 GTS Pepper...Took over an hour per side. Have to get under the wheel well and pull back the liner and replace the whole unit. I guess it is not like the '11 models ..
Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 PM
SeaPors
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
I just picked up my Cayenne last week and changed out the side markers- the owner's manual instructions were spot on. There is a safety clip that needs to be released before the lens can be removed, I really can't see this being done without getting behind the wheel housing. I'm also not sure how you could pry the lens out from the front without damaging the paint or the area that is housing the lens? I wouldn't say it was hard, but the first one did take a good 45 mins. I'm not the typical DIY guy, so there very likely could be an easier way.

I'll check into this guys. I go back to the dealer in a few days to get the two sided cargo mat, with bumper shield, and will confirm how they changed out the amber lens so quickly. Didn't even pull the Cayenne into the service area and did it in a few minutes in the customer parking lot.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

I'll check into this guys. I go back to the dealer in a few days to get the two sided cargo mat, with bumper shield, and will confirm how they changed out the amber lens so quickly. Didn't even pull the Cayenne into the service area and did it in a few minutes in the customer parking lot.
I'd be very interested to know. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:22 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BaysideC4
Did someone say 20% off coupon? How do I get one?

Thanks
go on your local porsche dealers site, go to parts tab, then special offers, comes up 20% coupon. valid till march 31st
Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

My two sided cargo mat just came in and yes it has a flip out flap to protect the rear bumper...... now less than a month until the Cayenne S gets here
Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I know for my 997s the lens change was as you stated. Interested in their response. A new design for '11 model year I guess...GR
Old 02-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

My advance "welcome" package of clear side markers, cargo mat, and rubber floor mats arrived today from Suncoast. Makes me think I may actually have a new Cayenne S to go with them some day!

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with everything. No Chinese made junk; the cargo mat is made in Germany and the floor mats in the United Kingdom. I like the look and potential utility of the cargo mat, with interior color carpet on one side (Umber in my case), black textured rubber on the other, bonded edges in the interior color, and a velcro strip on each side to which the thick vinyl bumper protector flap can be attached.

The black rubber floor mats are really nice. Heavy duty, not too deeply textured so they will be easy to clean but with a raised lip to contain water/etc. all the way around, and receivers for the locating pins on all 4 mats. I particularly like the Porsche logo and the way the grooves in the front mats are shaped to form the outline of a Cayenne. Very nice.

Now just ship me a car to put them in!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mike in CA; 02-04-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
My advance "welcome" package of clear side markers, cargo mat, and rubber floor mats arrived today from Suncoast. Makes me think I may actually have a new Cayenne S to go with them some day!

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with everything. No Chinese made junk; the cargo mat is made in Germany and the floor mats in the United Kingdom. I like the look and potential utility of the cargo mat, with interior color carpet on one side (Umber in my case), black textured rubber on the other, bonded edges in the interior color, and a velcro strip on each side to which the thick vinyl bumper protector flap can be attached.

The black rubber floor mats are really nice. Heavy duty, not too deeply textured so they will be easy to clean but with a raised lip to contain water/etc. all the way around, and receivers for the locating pins on all 4 mats. I particularly like the Porsche logo and the way the grooves in the front mats are shaped to form the outline of a Cayenne. Very nice.

Now just ship me a car to put them in!!
Mike: Got mine sitting here ready to go also
Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Mike: Got mine sitting here ready to go also
Old 02-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Aperture776
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Just ordered mine yesterday while waiting for my Cayenne to get to the dealer. How long did it take for it to ship since i'm in Cali also.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Aperture776
Just ordered mine yesterday while waiting for my Cayenne to get to the dealer. How long did it take for it to ship since i'm in Cali also.
Mine was ordered on 1/24 and shipped on 1/27 (delay due to color not in stock). It was supposed to arrive 2/3 but weather problems made it a day late. Figure 7 days in transit if you went UPS ground.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:49 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i want the rubber floor mats and trunk but the trunk doesnt allow for the tie downs to work.

my tan interior might look odd with the rubber mats im thinking.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
i have the high side liner in the back of mine and i like how it catches everything.

i also have the cargo system and like it. i usually leave if flat most of the time and only fold out the sides when doing small shopping. it only takes a second to fold out - can do it with 1 hand in case the other is full.
Are you speaking of the cargo system that is shown in picture #2 from the OP? Additional info and/or pix would be much appreciated. I really miss the mesh grocery bag holder that stretched across the rear cargo opening in my GX470.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:55 PM
vyper340
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
go on your local porsche dealers site, go to parts tab, then special offers, comes up 20% coupon. valid till march 31st
I tried that and did not firm a thing. Do you have a link for your dealer?

Quick Reply: Cargo liner options revisited