Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Porsche Cayenne Interior trunk button not working??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts

Take the switch out, and connect the TRUNK pins on the small wire harness, you need to make sure that you shorting the correct pins, as there are 4 - There are 2 for the LED, the other two are for the actual switch contacts for the trunk- complete the circuit across the two pins for the gate & if the gate closes, then you know that you have a switch problem- if this is the case, you can pry the tabs on the switch, and open it up and see what's going on with the contacts inside-
Old 12-25-2020, 02:50 PM
ulflun
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Colly
My 08 has a problem where the button on the trunk you push to close it only works sometimes. It occasionally doesn't work but if I press it hard a few times it works. Has anyone had this or know what it might be?
I have the same issue. Did you resolve it? The button on the hatch/trunk does not work always.
Old 12-27-2020, 02:28 PM
Colly
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, yes, but it was the garage that did it. They didn't even charge me so I assume it was a very simple fix like cleaning it etc, might be worth a try
Old 12-28-2020, 11:01 AM
ulflun
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Colly
Hey, yes, but it was the garage that did it. They didn't even charge me so I assume it was a very simple fix like cleaning it etc, might be worth a try
Thanks. I will try. Also read that low battery voltage could give intermittent problems with the hatch button, i'll try to charge up the battery as well.

Quick Reply: 2008 Porsche Cayenne Interior trunk button not working??