Sponsored by:

Final '11 C Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:38 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsonorous
This is kind of exactly what happened to me, my base Cayenne build loaded was very close to a lightly, but nicely optioned CS. I went with the CS, which started out lightly optioned, but ended up well optioned. I do think the 3.6 is nice, but the 4.8 engine is amazing.

I suppose that is what Porsche is hoping for, the pricing structure is such that it seems to make sense to jump to the next trim level. Luckily I was able to stop before I made it to CTT...
i agree they do tip the scales to make you justify the jump.. BUT

i am not one of the people who will tell you "no sunroof will hurt resale" or any other BS like "no air susp will hurt resale"

but i will tell you that a "smart" build will help resale...

think about down the line.. a used car buyer see's a 50k v6 with 20k in options... (70k msrp car for 55-60k) or they see a 70k msrp V8 for the same 55-60k... they will pick the V8 and just justify the loss of options for a better truck... people are cheap and will always want more vehicle for less price.

when i sold my 09 carrera... they complained about all the options i had and complained about all the options i needed just to nego the price... the only thing that sells a car is the trim and the price... they wil look for the nicest trim and lowest price.. so buyng a bare bones v8 is better bet and buying a bare bones v6 is a good bet too because it makes the car a good deal for the brand, (someone jumping from vw to porsche or so forth)

sorry to chat ur head off but id say for the msrp get a bare bones v8 and you'll get back 10k additional when/if you sell. that 10k you could use to justify 10k in modson the v8.. (losses will be the same)

odd way of looking at it i know, but this is coming from a guy who owned an 05 cab and drove it for 8k and only lost 500$... including tax and everything... also bought a brand new 09 coupe and drove it 16 months and 16k miles and broke even on it (including tax and everything).... i would say youd be hard pressed to find anyone else on the site who can say they bought a brand new porsche off the dealers floor and including every dime spent (tax, tag, mait) broke even after 16k and 16 months...

for the record i bought a bare bones v6... 52k msrp.. which is now 53k after increase for discount.. will sell or trade for a v8 probably in a few months and basically have the v6 for free... my main goal was to have the v6 free till "991" came out... but idk if im going to want/like the 991
Old 01-07-2011, 01:56 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
.... this is coming from a guy who owned an 05 cab and drove it for 8k and only lost 500$... including tax and everything... also bought a brand new 09 coupe and drove it 16 months and 16k miles and broke even on it (including tax and everything).... i would say youd be hard pressed to find anyone else on the site who can say they bought a brand new porsche off the dealers floor and including every dime spent (tax, tag, mait) broke even after 16k and 16 months...

I have special respect and admiration for you my friend. I am in a different league altogether. I am determined to not sell all the cars that I bought new so that I too don't lose any money on it
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE

I have special respect and admiration for you my friend. I am in a different league altogether. I am determined to not sell all the cars that I bought new so that I too don't lose any money on it
i like that plan. Haha. Speaking of that, it seems that a decently optioned S is only a few hundrew more a month......now i'm 50-50. Will update everyone when i make my decision! Thanks again for everyone's help!!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:06 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Did you test drive both the C and the CS back to back ?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Gaucho
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

New to Porsche. I have test driven V6, CS and Hybrid back to back to back. V6 is great ride but then you get into the CS and you quickly see the difference! I am no expert in cars or Porsche but the CS ride is just far superior to the V6. The Hybrid is in my opinion equal (almost) to the CS once you get used to the uniqueness of the electric motor and the breaking differences. Certainly once you get past the 25-30mph range you really cannot see much difference. V6 is a very nice SUV for the price compared to the ML350 and X5, Q5 and Q7. I have driven them all more than once.

Woud rate them:
CS *****
C-hybrid ****1/2
CV6 ***1/2
X5 and X5 diesel ***
ML350 and ML Bluetec ***
Q7 ***
Q5 *
Old 01-07-2011, 06:12 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

not yet. Hopefully on monday. I finally found a dealership that has both a CS and C to test drive. Can't wait!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:58 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Go test drive it before one of them disappears off the lot. I would'nt be surprised if it did. Please post your impressions after the test drive. Gauco, nice post. Did you feel any difference in the steering feel on the H vs non-H ?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Gaucho
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you feel any difference in the steering feel on the H vs non-H ?
I could not really tell a difference. Certainly anyone who is more trained than I is likely to feel some qualitative differences. I can tell you that there are huge differences between all of them compared to Porsche in general. By far, the Ps have it all over the rest in handling, response, feel.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:01 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Go test drive it before one of them disappears off the lot. I would'nt be surprised if it did. Please post your impressions after the test drive. Gauco, nice post. Did you feel any difference in the steering feel on the H vs non-H ?
test drove the v6 6sp the other day. I thought it had plenty of power and was a blast to drive Felt plenty fast to me. I'm sold! ordering mine tomorrow!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

GBX - congrats! I'll be taking the hybrid down to NYC on Sunday to play around a bit. Are you sure you want to forgo the silky 8-speed in NYC for the manual 6?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

GBX,

What color is the interior stitching for the platinum grey? Is it grey, or an off white. I've seen it both ways with standard interior?

Congrats on your config. Well done!

Quick Reply: Final '11 C Build