Sponsored by:

What Color Would You Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Technovc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Color Would You Buy?

Curious for my '11 Cayenne order what color to get. My dealer has black and auburn to look at. The configurator is pretty useless for picturing the actual car. So I'm curious what colors look best, based on actually seeing the car.

I'll probably get white, meteor gray or black, but appreciate any input (or pix)
Old 01-04-2011, 03:42 PM
cardfelon
Track Day

I would go with yellow! Why be like everybody else?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

The Cayenne's color palette isn't as full as the 911's, otherwise I would've chosen Aqua Blue. With the current selections, I would probably go with Midnight Blue.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Just went through this! For me, it was also a matter of getting an exterior/interior combination that I liked and something that wouldn't drive me nuts with keeping it clean. Dark colors look great, but having had 3 black cars previously, I decided not to go down that road again (I'm a slow learner) especially with a big vehicle like an SUV.

It was down to Classic Silver/Espresso or Sand White/Umber. My last 3 Porsches were silver including my current Arctic Silver/Cocoa Carrera. The day I placed my order there was a Sand White/Umber car waiting for delivery. I really liked it, figured it was fate, and decided to go with something different than I'd had before.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:03 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

Black always looks great IMO, but tough to keep clean and avoid the swirl marks when washing. Metallic black could be an option, as it would hide the swirls a bit, but will still be tough to keep clean.

I like both the Sand White and and Meteor Gray, but prefer White of the two. I question my ordering decision (classic, but boring, Silver/Black ) and sometimes wish I ordered the Sand White, but I know I'll always be happy with Silver. I guess I was too afraid to venture outside the box as my last few cars were Silver or Gray/Black.

As far as pictures go, you can find a bunch on this forum and the "other" one that show real world photos.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:29 PM
V6Guy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Technovc
Curious for my '11 Cayenne order what color to get. My dealer has black and auburn to look at. The configurator is pretty useless for picturing the actual car. So I'm curious what colors look best, based on actually seeing the car.

I'll probably get white, meteor gray or black, but appreciate any input (or pix)
Ah. The color decision ! I almost went with meteor gray, but like many here, most of my past cars have been either silver or gray (with gray interior), and I really wanted something different. (My Boxster is Artic Silver with Gray interior).

I ended up going with Umber with Beige interior - sight unseen. That's a very different color for me. I've got to admit, I'm still getting used to it and it's growing on me. I sometimes wonder if I should have just gone for the known, safe choice of Meteor Gray, which I actually really like. But, as I said, I was really tired of the same old Gray or Silver.

I thought about both White and Black. I like White, but couldn't see myself in a White SUV for whatever reason. I also like Black a lot, though, I've heard enough compliants over the years about keeping Black clean, so I've never had a Black car.

If you're worried about resale (which I'm not), I would go with Meteor Gray, and then probably Black, then White.

Best of luck. Bottom line. You can't go wrong !
Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I just got a white with tan interior and it looks great.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:44 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Colors are such a personal choice. Tell me which color of Cayenne you want a picture of and I will post it for you.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Technovc
Advanced

Well, there are lots of white and black cars in the brochures I have, so if you could post Meteor Gray and Dark Blue that would be great.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:13 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Here is a meteor grey in artificial light

http://champion.porschedealer.com/ne...86608/info.php

and here in natural outdoor light

http://hennessy.porschedealer.com/ne...45948/info.php
Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 AM
sid_vicious
Instructor

I got black(flat) and really like it. My first choice was either silver or midnight blue. Saw both in person and they looked great. Wife wanted a darker color and I thought blue looked awesome - ultimately got black because wife liked that best and the car is really for her. With the black out trim, looks really good. One of these days I'm going to wash it and post some pictures. I know lots of guys talk about how hard it is to keep a black car clean, but honestly I think it looks just fine dirty!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Jsonorous
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a fan of the Jet Black.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:43 AM
dbtk
Instructor

Black Sapphire
Old 01-05-2011, 02:17 AM
Alichtenberg
Intermediate

I prefer the dark metallic colors, so I would go either with Jet Green, or Dark Blue. If I had to decide again though I would get Jet Green exterior with the Espresso/Cognac interior. I have no regrets on my choice of dark blue with beige interior, especially since I have Espresso carpeted floor mats now to replace my other beige ones. They got really dirty and stained bad, and so it was either go with Espresso or black carpeted mats or go with black rubber mats. I would really like to see an Aqua blue Cayenne though, because I read rumors that it would have that color after 2 years of release a few months back but that rumor died out (and I don't even remember where I saw this information at). I would like to see a picture of the Cayenne in Amethyst and see how that turned out though .
Old 01-05-2011, 02:36 AM
quattrotman
Advanced

I'd do either white or gray with black leather interior. I think you'll do better on resale with gray or silver. Black is a nightmare to keep up but looks awesome when clean.

Quick Reply: What Color Would You Buy?