Sponsored by:

Sad Face (Build Date/Delivery)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 03:32 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Riley, the hardships you have endured for your incoming Cayenne ie. dealing with knuckleheads trying to low-ball U on the 997 sale and now the "forever wait"....will make you baby that much more special. Best wishes.
haha, whats funny is if i parted my Carrera out sooner it would have been sold 3 months earlier and i could be in my cayenne right now... but i guess **** happens. :-/
Old 11-30-2010, 03:33 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by slwong23
Sorry to hear, Riley, but now I'm a bit worried as my scheduled build date is Dec 18th. Guess it's time to call the sales advisor...
sorry to concern you, to be honest i would think the 18th isnt bad.. 5 days from them leaving they will still be working hard... with all our renn-luck they will bump it to january like the rest of us :-(

my build was 15th till i called today, i feel bad asking my guy over and over again but i really want this SUV!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:02 AM
AppleChilli
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Major bummer; my condolences! Waiting is definately the hardest part, but maybe that wait will allow you to save up for and make changes to your existing build. Maybe a vaca or overseas delivery is in order. Also, inventory is slim picking, but maybe something pops up to your liking and you are able to get a good deal on it because of your misfortune with the build date.

There are all sorts of options outside of getting your exact order...your dealer might give you some sort of bonus on the order because of the inconvience...

Either way this is unfortunate; however...
Old 11-30-2010, 08:21 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How is this "unfortunate"? "An inconvenience"? Where is the "misfortune"? What's all of this talk about "bad luck"? We're waiting for a luxury vehicle to come in. The longer wait is annoying. Nothing more, nothing less.

Seriously, people, stop the whining.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

That sucks. At least you have the Lotus to enjoy until than.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:56 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

And hopefully there will be no other delays in production...4 some "unknown" reasons
Old 11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
sorry to concern you, to be honest i would think the 18th isnt bad.. 5 days from them leaving they will still be working hard... with all our renn-luck they will bump it to january like the rest of us :-(

my build was 15th till i called today, i feel bad asking my guy over and over again but i really want this SUV!
Just heard back, still scheduled for Dec 18th for now. I ordered back in late Sept, so it already feels like I've been waiting forever! Oh well... whining to each other while we wait helps... misery does love company, right?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:06 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by AppleChilli
Major bummer; my condolences! Waiting is definately the hardest part, but maybe that wait will allow you to save up for and make changes to your existing build. Maybe a vaca or overseas delivery is in order. Also, inventory is slim picking, but maybe something pops up to your liking and you are able to get a good deal on it because of your misfortune with the build date.

There are all sorts of options outside of getting your exact order...your dealer might give you some sort of bonus on the order because of the inconvience...

Either way this is unfortunate; however...
i really don't need to save up to make changes.. im really happy with my choices.. as far as vacation the funny thing is i planned a month long vacation overseas so i would get back right around the time it was done to alleviate the waiting.. but obv they screwed me on that one... when i get back now i will have 45 days wait :-(.....

i just hope they bounce the date back, my dealer gave me a good discount so i really cant ask for more on the deal... we'll see..
Old 11-30-2010, 03:07 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
How is this "unfortunate"? "An inconvenience"? Where is the "misfortune"? What's all of this talk about "bad luck"? We're waiting for a luxury vehicle to come in. The longer wait is annoying. Nothing more, nothing less.

Seriously, people, stop the whining.
zip it hottie... haha

Just heard back, still scheduled for Dec 18th for now. I ordered back in late Sept, so it already feels like I've been waiting forever! Oh well... whining to each other while we wait helps... misery does love company, right?
haha, yeah..
Old 11-30-2010, 03:09 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hottie? Right back at ya
Old 11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 207 Posts

And with that beautiful picture comes a turn of good renn-luck... my sales advisor's quick email response must have just something to appease me for the time being. Just got another note with my order status of CMPPRD = completed production! He's estimating a late Jan delivery- the end is near...
Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

And with that beautiful picture comes a turn of good renn-luck... my sales advisor's quick email response must have just something to appease me for the time being. Just got another note with my order status of CMPPRD = completed production! He's estimating a late Jan delivery- the end is near...
lucky sob
Old 11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
leek
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can relate to your frustration but now it is a distant memory. I would stay in touch with your dealer. I ordered mine and waited 3 or so months and was getting updated (read later) build info as we went. Around the original delivery date I was by the dealer and the same car that I had ordered came in, after 3-4 days of it sitting there as I drove past I stopped in. It turned out that someone had ordered the same car with several minor (and better) differences, backed out of the deal, and I eventually took that one home. I had not ordered total leather package (I like it now) or the 21" wheels but virtually everything else was the same. It has been a great car. 60K and going strong. Very capable all around hauler, driver and tow vehicle; especially if you live in an urban environment (Parking garages) but still get into the mountains, down to the beaches or out on job sites.

Quick Reply: Sad Face (Build Date/Delivery)