New 2011 Order. Any pics of Jet Green? EDIT: IT'S HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Pete4 1.8t
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2011 Order. Any pics of Jet Green? EDIT: IT'S HERE

Hey Guys,

We are newcomers to the Porsche Cayenne crowd (or soon will be). We have been big Audi Fans for the past few years and still are...but...we have ordered a new 2011 Cayenne to replace our 2007 Audi A6 Avant.

After much debate and test drives. My Mom (this will be her everyday car) decided that she wanted the V6 over the S. As she wanted the better fuel economy and already has a TT Roadster for the weekends.

So pretty much I just wanted to feel out the community and see if anyone has specified something like ours is going to be...

So here's what we're getting

Cayenne
Jet Green Metallic
19'' Turbo Wheels
14 Way Power Seats
Full Natural Leather Interior Espresso/Cognac
Bose Audio Package
Premium Package Plus
Panorama Roof
Heated Steering Wheel
Porsche Entry and Drive
Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass
8-Speed Tiptronic
PDCC
Porsche Air Suspension with PASM
Lane Change Assist
Adaptive Cruise Control (?)
Walnut Interior Package
Telephone Interface

We ordered a while ago and I'm not exactly sure if we got the Adaptive Cruise Control.

We drove both the S and V6 and decided that we definitely needed the uprated Air Suspension because we thought the difference in handling was night and day.

Thoughts?

Years ago we had a 1987 911, and a 1996 993 Targa and loved them both so looking forward to adding a new Porsche to our garage!

OKAY we just signed some papers today...the car IS IN! It just got unloaded off the truck. It looks unbelievable, I snapped some quick pics. It will be a few days before we can get it

Last edited by Pete4 1.8t; 11-26-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:24 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

only picture i have seen:

Old 11-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Pete4 1.8t
AutoX

Just saw it today! Looks unbelievable! Pics added to first post...
Old 11-26-2010, 05:20 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats!, i wish mine would come in soon!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:27 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Loving your espr/cognac interior. What a beauty. You will love the pana roof. What are your initial impressions on the exterior color.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:39 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
only picture i have seen:

That looks excellent! And with the espresso/cognac interior- it will be awesome! Enjoy!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:11 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a big house there Buddy!

Air suspension is an order of Magnitude better...
Old 11-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
That's a big house there Buddy!
Actually, that's the Ludwigsburg castle just outside Stuttgart. Porsche has a good relationship with them and has been using their grounds for years as a backdrop for their promo pics. I have a brochure from 1980 showing their entire lineup parked in front of the castle. Last year, we visited the castle which was part of the factory tour initiated by PCA's Treffen.

Just in case you were wondering...... ;-)
Old 11-27-2010, 12:54 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

You are going to love it. Leather dash looks awesome. Mine came with the 14 way seats that I initially thought I didn't need but they sure feel and look good.

Three tips about 2011 Cayenne functions. 1) Change the remote to unlock all doors with one click. You can do this using the "car" button on the dash. 2) Radio presets and car settings are tied to the seat control memory including changing the remote to unlock all the doors. So every time you save radio stations, you have to also save it to your seat memory. Hope this changes with a software update. 3) You can't close the rear hatch from the driver's seat. You have to go back and push the hatch button.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Pete4 1.8t
AutoX

Yeah so far we really like it! I love the Green, we were between the green and dark blue but I definitely think that Green is the way to go and we will certainly be the only ones with a green one. I can't wait to see it in the sunlight, it was rather cloudy when we first saw it.

I read a post about the seat memory, that seems really bizarre to me, but we can get it figured out no problems. Our Audi's have been the same way with only being able to close the hatch from the button on the actual liftgate, so no change there.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:42 AM
VorsprungDurchTechnik
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pete4 1.8t
Hey Guys,

We are newcomers to the Porsche Cayenne crowd (or soon will be). We have been big Audi Fans for the past few years and still are...but...we have ordered a new 2011 Cayenne to replace our 2007 Audi A6 Avant.

After much debate and test drives. My Mom (this will be her everyday car) decided that she wanted the V6 over the S. As she wanted the better fuel economy and already has a TT Roadster for the weekends.

So pretty much I just wanted to feel out the community and see if anyone has specified something like ours is going to be...

So here's what we're getting

Cayenne
Jet Green Metallic
19'' Turbo Wheels
14 Way Power Seats
Full Natural Leather Interior Espresso/Cognac
Bose Audio Package
Premium Package Plus
Panorama Roof
Heated Steering Wheel
Porsche Entry and Drive
Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass
8-Speed Tiptronic
PDCC
Porsche Air Suspension with PASM
Lane Change Assist
Adaptive Cruise Control (?)
Walnut Interior Package
Telephone Interface

We ordered a while ago and I'm not exactly sure if we got the Adaptive Cruise Control.

We drove both the S and V6 and decided that we definitely needed the uprated Air Suspension because we thought the difference in handling was night and day.

Thoughts?

Years ago we had a 1987 911, and a 1996 993 Targa and loved them both so looking forward to adding a new Porsche to our garage!

OKAY we just signed some papers today...the car IS IN! It just got unloaded off the truck. It looks unbelievable, I snapped some quick pics. It will be a few days before we can get it

Great color combo.!

Quick question: In person, does the color look more like a British Racing Green (darker green) or is it more of a bluish-green hue? I'm thinking of picking one up in May. Thanks!

Quick Reply: New 2011 Order. Any pics of Jet Green? EDIT: IT'S HERE