Sponsored by:

Placed my S order today

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 10:36 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mt-sfo
scott40 -- don' forget w00tPORSCHE has not driven a 2011 Cayenne with PDCC or PTV. neither have most of us on here.

your build looks great, it's gonna be a blast to drive, and your colour combo is really hot.

good luck surviving the long wait until you take delivery. it's driving me crazy! and it looks like I'm not going to get mine until march. ugh.
Cheers! I hope mine is here by then! I will be walking to work otherwise!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
LCA, ACC & rearview camera are for elderly asian women

Old 11-16-2010, 11:15 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow I am overwhelmed by all the love I am getting here from you guys ... just cool down will you. Scott, the only reason why I suggested the PDCC/PTV was because it will enhance the driving dynamics of the Cayenne. I suggested that only after looking through your current/potential future stable of cars and did not want you to be depriving yourself of that little extra oopmh even in your utility vehicle just for a matter of $5K. I was one of the firsts to congratulate you on the build and your discount and if I ever indicated that your Cayenne would be thrash and that mine will be the best in the planet then you are totally mistaken. All I said was to not judge the driving dynamics of the Cayenne based on one that has very little performance upgrades. I certainly would not make a judgment on the driving dynamics of a Cayenne based on driving one that has no PASM at the very least. That still does not make it a bad SUV by any means and I never said so. I agree that I have not test driven a Cayenne with PDCC/PTV but the one that I did test drive there was discernible bodyroll and to me that is not acceptable.

I have confidence in my/my wife's driving skills. The LCA, ACC & rearview camera is to protect my precious wife, kids and SUV from all the texters, talkers, drunken drivers and mobile personal groomers that unfortunately share the road with us. Does anybody have a problem with that ? Scott, I went out of my way that night to pull out a couple of pics of the 18-way seats to help you out (If I remember right it was around 11 PM and I was almost ready to go to bed before I saw your post and wanted to show you the difference with those pics). In return, thanks for treating me the way you (and some of the others) just did.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Scott I am with you until the penultimate line. Your opinion of the Cayenne without PASM, air-suspension, PDCC and PTV will be so skewed that it will not be even any close to what the new Cayenne is all about. The one that everyone is raving about. So go ahead use your GT3RS for satisfying your itch but please don't judge the Cayenne with the perfofrmance options that you have going or lack thereof. It is a totally different beast.

Ummmm- reread your post!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:55 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Okay, peace. Scott I will accept that the above post sounded quite harsh. My intent was not to ridicule your Cayenne at all. I apologize if I hurt your feelings.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:28 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts

Scott- if it's any consolation, in the short time I've been lurking Cayenne forums, w00t generally provides a lot of valuable insight and I personally enjoy reading his posts. He's obviously very passionate about the Cayenne and it's features and I doubt he had any malicious intent....

Can't we all just get along?
Old 11-17-2010, 03:06 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
I'm in your camp. Drove an S at the dealer and the only option it had was full leather. It was fine on the highway and around town. For me, it is still an SUV and I'm not going to track it or drive it that hard- I have the GT3RS for that. So to add 7k for PASM, PTV, PDCC, air suspension, etc. - couldn't be justified for me. Plus this is my first Cayenne, so I will probably lease for a few years, and if it is as good as it seems, I will get another one. I did break down and get the rear seat heating...
That's where I'm at. I'm gonna have to go and drive one without all that stuff (ptv, pdcc) etc. And if I like, we're set. I would rather splurge on some luxuries as this will be a cruiser. Luxuries like the leather, seats, PCM, uai, sound etc. No acc, lca etc. I'm not gonna track it or really throw it around. I think a normal 2011 is sporty enough for an suv. Need more sporty get a Panamera or a non-SUV.

80K feels right. I am digging the two tone interior.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:16 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Okay, peace. Scott I will accept that the above post sounded quite harsh. My intent was not to ridicule your Cayenne at all. I apologize if I hurt your feelings.
No sweat! Trust me, I'd love to order one loaded to the gills, but I have a car affliction and want another prancing horsie
Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Scott, the prancie horsie ... owie. It all makes sense ..You need to start saving $$ on your Cayenne build.
slwong thank you for recognizing my sentiment and passion for Porsches.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:48 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

I'm so excited. My dealer says my estimated completion date is Jan 25! Should be here by end of Feb then! Yahoo!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Aperture776
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm so excited. My dealer says my estimated completion date is Jan 25! Should be here by end of Feb then! Yahoo!
Did your dealer just inform you today? I locked in my order 3 weeks ago and no word yet with a allocation date. No was told Jan but trying to wait patiently for a exact date.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:12 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Aperture776
Did your dealer just inform you today? I locked in my order 3 weeks ago and no word yet with a allocation date. No was told Jan but trying to wait patiently for a exact date.
I asked because of the talk of limited allocations. I didn't want to be left without a DD. He said no worries that production is scheduled to be completed then.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:23 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 590 Posts

Awesome.. I cant wait to hear your impressions. I was so going to get a sedan as a DD. But this Cayenne really seems to be the bees knees. I gotta find some time to go drive one.

Quick Reply: Placed my S order today