Sponsored by:

Placed my S order today

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:38 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Placed my S order today

I'm stoked! I drove a bunch of SUVs from Toyota Highlander and 4 Runner, to BMW X5, LR4, RR Sport, and Cayenne. The Cayenne was over the top for me. Nothing came close IMO. I'm going to do the wheels in Satin Black. Going to look exactly like this:

Meteor Grey Metallic
Standard Interior in Blac
Trailer Coupling without Removable Ball Joint
Panorama Roof System
ParkAssist Front and Rear
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
Extended Range Fuel Tank
G1G 8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive AutoStart Stop Function
20" RS Spyder Design Wheel
Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Leather Steering Wheel
Heated Seats Front and Rear
18-way Adaptive Sports Seats with Memory Package
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module and universal audio interface
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2010, 09:52 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats! (i see my pic sold you)

i see you went with an S... i guess i'm the only one with v6 confidence here. haha.

the panoramic is the best upgrade ever, the OEM sunroof is TINY! 4x the glass for 600$. ;-)
Old 11-12-2010, 10:11 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

The power sold me! Stepped on that V8 and that was it. I agree on the pano roof- very inexpensive upgrade. One question about it though- does it compromise head room at all in the back? My sales guy said no, but they didn't have any with that option on the floor.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by scott40
The power sold me! Stepped on that V8 and that was it. I agree on the pano roof- very inexpensive upgrade. One question about it though- does it compromise head room at all in the back? My sales guy said no, but they didn't have any with that option on the floor.
i cant say as i didn't sit in the back, the roof with sunroof goes back up maybe .5", i would think when the shade closed you might lose the .5", with it open i would say maybe even more room than standard roof... just speculation though...
Old 11-12-2010, 10:30 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats Scott. Did you try out the 18-way seats. The side bolsters can be uncomfortable to some. Just checking to make sure you are okay with it. I personally am a big fan of it and the RS spyder wheels. When is your build date. Did you get a discount.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 PM
tobyport
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

No worries, I've got V6 confidence...and hopefully no oil usage between Oil Changes!
Originally Posted by rijowysock
congrats! (i see my pic sold you)

i see you went with an S... i guess i'm the only one with v6 confidence here. haha.

the panoramic is the best upgrade ever, the OEM sunroof is TINY! 4x the glass for 600$. ;-)
Old 11-12-2010, 11:50 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Congrats Scott. Did you try out the 18-way seats. The side bolsters can be uncomfortable to some. Just checking to make sure you are okay with it. I personally am a big fan of it and the RS spyder wheels. When is your build date. Did you get a discount.
I tried the 18 way seats. I liked the side bolsters, but I'm thin. Honestly, if there was one thing I would eliminate, it would be that. I found the standard 8 way seats incredibly comfortable too.

I got a 5k discount which was over 6% off.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

I tried the 18 way seats. I liked the side bolsters, but I'm thin. Honestly, if there was one thing I would eliminate, it would be that. I found the standard 8 way seats incredibly comfortable too.

I got a 5k discount which was over 6% off.
have you considered adding air conditioned seats since you already splurged on the 18 way? the ventilated seats are REALLY NICE, (gotta add heated, and then add ventilated.. like 1300 total, well worth it)

i like the 8 way standards... the 14's are a cheap upgrade and it your at 14 and thin might as well jump to 18.

over 6% is good, at the end of the day i only got 5.2% BUT considering everyones allocation was pretty much non existent, I just went with it..

did you get locked in allocation?
Old 11-13-2010, 12:09 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

I'm going to go back and sit in the 18 way seats again to be sure. If I didn't get them, I honestly would just go with the standard 8 way since I liked them that much. Has anyone regretted ordering the 18 ways?

I think the allocation is locked. He said it would be here in Feb.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:15 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

I'm going to go back and sit in the 18 way seats again to be sure. If I didn't get them, I honestly would just go with the standard 8 way since I liked them that much. Has anyone regretted ordering the 18 ways?

I think the allocation is locked. He said it would be here in Feb.
i liked the 18 ways, BUT two things i noticed: 5th seat in back is almost useless with them (the side seats have high bolsters) getting into the car you find yourself getting "up" and then moving into the seat.. with 8/14 i just slide my butt in the car.. the 18's i have to kinda step on the floor more and get up and in..

they are both awesome tho..

Feb is good, some dealers are blocked out till JUNE!...

Try not to second guess yourself too much, once they locked my order in with PCNA i was thinking (should i have done a tow ball hitch, should i have done full leather.. or maybe 18 ways without full leather but with Heated/Cooled Seats...) so many options its hard to not want more.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:41 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Rijowysock nailed it with his cons of the 18-way seats (see pics). I totally agree. But you want to pros...I'll tell you. They look so much more sporty (and only Cayenne has this unique style) and the fit is snug . The 8 and 14-way seats are very comfortable and easy to get in and out and the second row is more usable by three good sized adults...but in my opinion, it looks like the seats you would find on any other upscale german or japanese car (not that there i anything wrong with that). I strongly recommend that you go back and check the seats out one more time. You will regret if you make the wrong decision on this option. Comfort is key more so than looks. The 18-way side bolsters would be more proned to wear and will show it's age if not entered and exited with some precaution to avoid rubbing against it.
The problem of custom ordering is that on one hand you don't want to compromise and on the other hand it is easy to spend a good 40K worth of $$ (ask me how I know on options. Ya right everything sounds good: The ventilated seats, the heated windshield, the best audio system in the planet for a throw way price (ya the home audio systems that the Burmester makes start at 42K) and a noise insulated glass to go with it for a concert hall like feel...
Good job on the discount and getting an allocation which seems to be far and few.
Attached Images   
Old 11-13-2010, 08:45 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Yes, I will go back and sit in them again. I hear you on bolster wear, but you would probably get that even with the 8 way seat. I think the 8 way and 14 way are the same seat except for the lumbar support and the thigh extension. I agree- the 18 way seat aesthetically looks better. I may end up leasing it, so I guess I shouldn't worry about bolster wear.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:09 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

THe 18 way seats are awesome, IMO. I kept them!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Aperture776
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I decided to go with the 18 way seats because of the side bolsters. I use to have recaros on my previous car and I loved the way the seats felt and held me in place. If the seats were made of alcantara I probably would have considered the 14 way but since they are leather, I don't want to be sliding around during turns. The fact that they look great doesn't hurt either.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:52 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Agreed. Reconfigured my order and added the convenience package. Now I have to decide if I want to pay $1k for rear seat heat which seems like a lot.

Quick Reply: Placed my S order today