Placed my S order today

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
Agreed. Reconfigured my order and added the convenience package. Now I have to decide if I want to pay $1k for rear seat heat which seems like a lot.
The only way I would pay $1k for heated rear seats would be if bikini models in the back threatened to put on more clothes because they were too cold.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:07 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
The only way I would pay $1k for heated rear seats would be if bikini models in the back threatened to put on more clothes because they were too cold.
Bikini models would be interested in riding in a back seat of a P!G??? Who would have thought....
Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
Haha. Well it should be only $525, but if you select the convenience package, front heated seats come with that. For some reason, Porsche doesn't allow rear seat heating as a stand alone option. Your only choice is to select front and rear. Well in doing so, you've just paid for the front heat twice.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:21 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 590 Posts

I'm stoked! I drove a bunch of SUVs from Toyota Highlander and 4 Runner, to BMW X5, LR4, RR Sport, and Cayenne. The Cayenne was over the top for me. Nothing came close IMO. I'm going to do the wheels in Satin Black. Going to look exactly like this:

Meteor Grey Metallic
Standard Interior in Blac
Trailer Coupling without Removable Ball Joint
Panorama Roof System
ParkAssist Front and Rear
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
Extended Range Fuel Tank
G1G 8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive AutoStart Stop Function
20" RS Spyder Design Wheel
Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Leather Steering Wheel
Heated Seats Front and Rear
18-way Adaptive Sports Seats with Memory Package
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module and universal audio interface
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Simply awesome. Congrats!

Did you not consider the PDCC/PTV options? Seems like you didnt opt for them. Just curious. I may be interested in a 2011 Cayenne S and the options start to confuse me. Not that I dont get or understand them. Its just, how sporty do i really need my SUV to be (i.e. the question on the handling items) vs. having luxury etc. On my 911, i dont care about luxury as its a sports car - so i ordered the sport/performance options. On my Cayenne, I'd likely do the opposite.

Yours is a sweet ride. The RS wheels are def the way to go.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:28 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

It is easy to add up 45K worth of options if you want all the performance, safety and luxury options (ask me how I know that). Just think about it: PDCC, PTV, Burmester (with noise insul glass to accompany for a concert hall feel), Pana roof, full natural leather, butt warmers, hand warmers (heated steering wheel), adaptive cruise to prevent rear ending, LCA, rear view camera etc...they all add up. The problem we as a family faced is that we did not want to compromise on a custom ordered vehicle....it is only money I will lose...hopefully with time I will earn it back. We also looked at ordering a CTT (since it has plenty already standard or the options are lower cost)..but there was still a 20K price premium which is still a lot of money. We did not care for the turbo power and resale was not an issue..hence fully loaded our CS leaving our wallet really light.

I would'nt mind greater agility, more responsive and precise steering, stable load transfer (even at low to medium speeds) even in my family hauler which is what the PDCC and PTV brings to the table.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-16-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:45 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
Simply awesome. Congrats!

Did you not consider the PDCC/PTV options? Seems like you didnt opt for them. Just curious. I may be interested in a 2011 Cayenne S and the options start to confuse me. Not that I dont get or understand them. Its just, how sporty do i really need my SUV to be (i.e. the question on the handling items) vs. having luxury etc. On my 911, i dont care about luxury as its a sports car - so i ordered the sport/performance options. On my Cayenne, I'd likely do the opposite.

Yours is a sweet ride. The RS wheels are def the way to go.
I'm in your camp. Drove an S at the dealer and the only option it had was full leather. It was fine on the highway and around town. For me, it is still an SUV and I'm not going to track it or drive it that hard- I have the GT3RS for that. So to add 7k for PASM, PTV, PDCC, air suspension, etc. - couldn't be justified for me. Plus this is my first Cayenne, so I will probably lease for a few years, and if it is as good as it seems, I will get another one. I did break down and get the rear seat heating...
Old 11-16-2010, 06:28 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm in your camp. Drove an S at the dealer and the only option it had was full leather. It was fine on the highway and around town. For me, it is still an SUV and I'm not going to track it or drive it that hard- I have the GT3RS for that. So to add 7k for PASM, PTV, PDCC, air suspension, etc. - couldn't be justified for me. Plus this is my first Cayenne, so I will probably lease for a few years, and if it is as good as it seems, I will get another one. I did break down and get the rear seat heating...

Scott I am with you until the penultimate line. Your opinion of the Cayenne without PASM, air-suspension, PDCC and PTV will be so skewed that it will not be even any close to what the new Cayenne is all about. The one that everyone is raving about. So go ahead use your GT3RS for satisfying your itch but please don't judge the Cayenne with the perfofrmance options that you have going or lack thereof. It is a totally different beast.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-16-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:17 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

My current '05 CS, which I've had since brand new, has no PASM and I have test driven it with it and can say that if I were doing things all over (with the '03-'09 models) I wouldn't care to go for it.

I have test driven an '11 CTT with PDCC and without it and chose to not go for PDCC because the performance of the CTT doesn't suffer without it, imho.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:05 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Scott I am with you until the penultimate line. Your opinion of the Cayenne without PASM, air-suspension, PDCC and PTV will be so skewed that it will not be even any close to what the new Cayenne is all about. The one that everyone is raving about. So go ahead use your GT3RS for satisfying your itch but please don't judge the Cayenne with the perfofrmance options that you have going or lack thereof. It is a totally different beast.
Well...if an 80k SUV is going to be a let down, then it will be my last Cayenne. You make it sound like it's going to be trash compared to yours! I'm sure yours will be the best on the planet. Enjoy.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts

Interesting thoughts back and forth... I think it all boils down to preference. What is a "must have" to one quite possibly can make another completely indifferent. Personally, I don't see the need for LCA or ACC in any car. I'd rather spend my $ on the plethora of other available options.

Anyhow, Scott- great build. That picture that rijowysock photoshopped with the black RS rims with the meteor gray gave me a slight feeling of buyers remorse... it's going to look awesome! I really don't think there's anyway an $80k SUV can be a let down.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:53 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slwong23
I think it all boils down to preference. What is a "must have" to one quite possibly can make another completely indifferent..
+1

Originally Posted by slwong23
I really don't think there's anyway a *brand new, V8 P!G can be a let down.
My modified version is in bold

*for the first few months anyway....
Old 11-16-2010, 10:03 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scott40 -- don' forget w00tPORSCHE has not driven a 2011 Cayenne with PDCC or PTV. neither have most of us on here.

your build looks great, it's gonna be a blast to drive, and your colour combo is really hot.

good luck surviving the long wait until you take delivery. it's driving me crazy! and it looks like I'm not going to get mine until march. ugh.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:08 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

lol. On the configurator, Porsche describes PDCC by saying it further improves upon already exceptional road holding and precision handling. Sounds like I'm going to have a lousy time with exceptional road holding and precision handling.

I agree with slwong- get what interests you. I know how to drive, so I don't really want to spend my money on LCA or ACC- waste of $$ for me. And when I was looking at the Cayenne, one of the sales persons told me that they thought Burmeister was a waste of $$! The glass upgrade? Please.

I noticed wOOt didn't get PCCB! He will not be able to stop that vehicle!!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice combo Scott While I've not driven the `11 MY P!G w/PDCC, I did drive the GTS w/PDCC when they came out and got Koosered on upgrading. Will be test driving a`11 this weekend.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:27 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

LCA, ACC & rearview camera are for elderly asian women

Quick Reply: Placed my S order today