Sponsored by:

Sorry for all the recent inquiries, but my order was placed today :-D

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile Sorry for all the recent inquiries, but my order was placed today :-D

been making posts left and right about stuff i couldn't find with the search function, i appreciate your guys help very much on everything... hell i went back like 25 pages to read any and every thread i could about Cayenne's and their owners opinion's....

Got off the phone with the dealer about 90 minutes ago and they said the order was being submitted/acknowledged today and really cannot be changed/edited after today as they were filling one of their pre-ordered December build Slots (not sure how all that works but they said they had ordered the same color V6 for december build but changed around the options today for me and will be a december build (but they said late jan delivery or even early february?)

Either way....

Will be saying goodbye to my Carrara White/Grey PDK 997.2

and Will be saying Hello to a Gorgeous Meteor Grey/Luxor Beige Cayenne Tiptronic (Will be my First SUV)

Nothing Extravagant for Options.. i went VERY Basic as the only reason for this purchase is A: to Utilize some tax savings from my Carrera Sale...(Keep my sanity) and B: The Exige only has 2 seats and 2 small ones at that (i really love the exige, but if i have to drive extra people, its almost rude to ask them to drive in the exige (nickname, deathtrap)

Cayenne Tiptronic

Exterior Color:
Meteor Grey Metallic 9Q

Interior Color:
Standard Interior in Luxor Beige MC

Exterior:
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black QJ4
Deletion of Model Designation 0NA

Performance:
Servotronic 1N3
8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start Stop Function G1G
Extended Range Fuel Tank 0M1

Wheels:
18" Cayenne Wheel C1J

Interior:
Non-smoker Package 9JA
Three-spoke Sports Steering Wheel with Paddles 1ML
8-way power seats Q1G

Interior Leather:
Porsche Crest on Front Headrests 3J7

The Carrera was a little overkill after my new toy purchase (don't need two sports cars).... the Cayenne's Little Brother.

-Riley
Old 11-05-2010, 09:20 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

funny thing is when i bought the 997.2, i told myself from that point on i would only buy white cars cause i loved it (prior to 997.2 my 997.1 was silver/black and i hated it)... but i bought the lotus (british racing green) and really like it.. and i have seen a few carrera's in this combo (grey/tan) and i really seem to like it despite both colors being difficult to maintain.. i WOULD have ordered white however if "Sea Blue" was a standard interior color like with Carrera's and Boxter/Cayman's.... but the only blue is the two/tone which im not sure even a mother could love.)
Old 11-05-2010, 09:25 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I like the color. First I had seen of it.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:33 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I like the color. First I had seen of it.
when i flew to pick up my 997.2 i was walking thru, the showroom and there was a meteor grey on beige carrera coupe... i came so close to switching horses mid stream.. but followed thru.. since then (last year) been wanting the combo.. i think it really works as well.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:36 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
funny thing is when i bought the 997.2, i told myself from that point on i would only buy white cars cause i loved it (prior to 997.2 my 997.1 was silver/black and i hated it)... but i bought the lotus (british racing green) and really like it.. and i have seen a few carrera's in this combo (grey/tan) and i really seem to like it despite both colors being difficult to maintain.. i WOULD have ordered white however if "Sea Blue" was a standard interior color like with Carrera's and Boxter/Cayman's.... but the only blue is the two/tone which im not sure even a mother could love.)
Thanks for the comment on the two tone blue/black interior as that is the one I'm ordering with silver exterior...., but then who am I
Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Thanks for the comment on the two tone blue/black interior as that is the one I'm ordering with silver exterior...., but then who am I
Was a joke. I love the blue. Just wish you could order without the black dash (I like single color interiors)
Old 11-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Ash10
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! IMO, the exterior Package in High-gloss Black and the wheels completely redefine the Meteor Grey. Nice thinking!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:10 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ash10
Congratulations! IMO, the exterior Package in High-gloss Black and the wheels completely redefine the Meteor Grey. Nice thinking!
i had to photoshop both since it doesn't change on the configurator... the trim is an option. the wheels i will have the dealer do after delivery... matte black wheels tho so they match my Exige.

here is another photoshop i did making the "black out trim".... i really love this picture.. makes the new cayenne look amazingly better than the previous year. (before i thought new looked feminine but next to the 2010 it looks badass and very advanced)

Last edited by rijowysock; 11-06-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:12 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Not a problem. I agree with solid blue as that is the interior in my C2S. The blue black should look good as the colors are not significantly different. I do like your gray and I have never really been a gray car guy. I also plan to paint my wheels black , looks good and does not show the brake dust.

On a side issue, there is a good thread on 6speedonline concerning allocations or the lack there of. I hear the factory is at full production but so many of the peppers are going to Russia and China ... they have money and don't have CAFE standards on fuel mileage to meet. Glad I finally got an allocation as I need a good tow vehicle. My '08 Cayenne was a great tow vehicle until that kid in the Suburban decided texting was the thing to do and hit us. By the way the Cayenne did much better than his Suburban. Porsche does build them strong.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Ash10
AutoX

Any chance you have a photoshop of the jet black metallic with the black exterior and black wheels?

I wonder if it would be a black overdose or look cool...

i had to photoshop both since it doesn't change on the configurator... the trim is an option. the wheels i will have the dealer do after delivery... matte black wheels tho so they match my Exige.

here is another photoshop i did making the "black out trim".... i really love this picture.. makes the new cayenne look amazingly better than the previous year. (before i thought new looked feminine but next to the 2010 it looks badass and very advanced)

Old 11-09-2010, 04:51 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Any chance you have a photoshop of the jet black metallic with the black exterior and black wheels?

I wonder if it would be a black overdose or look cool...
find me a pic and i will photoshop it like i did the above... would be nice if the configurator did the blackout but it doesnt...
Old 11-09-2010, 04:56 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 51 Posts

That meteor with the black wheels just sold me! Looks awesome! Do you propose powder coating the wheels or painting? Would this be a durable finish? Matte or Satin?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts

Really liking that Meteor Gray with the black rims look- kinda giving me buyers remorse right now! Is your dealer going to provide black rims?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Ash10
AutoX

find me a pic and i will photoshop it like i did the above... would be nice if the configurator did the blackout but it doesnt...
Here are a couple pics. Thank you for taking the time to help with this!
Attached Images   
Old 11-09-2010, 10:41 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by scott40
That meteor with the black wheels just sold me! Looks awesome! Do you propose powder coating the wheels or painting? Would this be a durable finish? Matte or Satin?
i used to import and manufacturer wheels, and from past experience as long as they are painted properly i prefer paint.. (properly=proper prep, proper paint, baking them to cure) powder coating is very durable, again especially when done right but it does add weight, i also personally feel PC retains heat as well which isnt good for the underlying metal and also hides stress cracks in the underlying metal) wheel companies paint and bake their wheels for a reason ;-)

i am going Satin Black, gloss just looks dirty too fast and full matte just looks very dark and bland usually.. the wheels on my exige are more satin and i really enjoy them (look clean even when dirty, and give character without being "washed out" and too black.)

Originally Posted by slwong23
Really liking that Meteor Gray with the black rims look- kinda giving me buyers remorse right now! Is your dealer going to provide black rims?
I have a gentleman i have used to refinish HRE/etc in the past who will dismount/paint/bake/mount/balance them for me either before i get to dealer or right after..... i have never owned a grey vehicle, but upon delivery of my last porsche i saw one in the showroom (meteor on tan 911) and i really really liked the combo... i was very close between ordering the sand white but i wanted something different and was afraid of the sand white in person since i like carrera white but hate off white whites.

Porsche usually offers Black Wheels as like $1800 option (EXPENSIVE!)... I have heard dealers willing to do it as well.. i guess pricing would depend on dealer but i feel that 400-600 would be fair price to pay for quality finish.

Here are a couple pics. Thank you for taking the time to help with this!
i found a better pic... and photoshopped it ( http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...ery_zoomed.jpg )

it's a turbo, but you get the idea.. i think black wheels look great on any color cayenne.. just takes the "Soccer Mom" look away and brings in the "Badass SUV" look.

Quick Reply: Sorry for all the recent inquiries, but my order was placed today :-D