Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone explain the IPOD controls in '11 S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:50 AM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can someone explain the IPOD controls in '11 S?

I don't understand the 2 sets of buttons for searching for music off my IPOD in my '11 S.

When you select FIND MUSIC, it shows 2 sets of buttons, both of which say ARTIST, ALBUM, PLAYLIST, SONG.

What's the difference?

And one other question...if I'm listening to an album by, say, John Mayer. Is there a way to quickly get to other John Mayer albums? It seems like everytime I switch the music selection, I have to start at the very beginning and scroll through my entire catalog. VERY annoying.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:47 AM
GregW
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only difference is that the set of buttons on the right side also show the number of artists, albums, tracks etc. Functionality they are the same. I find it useful to have the numbers as it gives you a rough idea of where you are in a search.

And yes, you have to start each search from scratch. You can't go up/back a level. A real PITA. I suppose it could be fixed with a firmware update.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you will find that it does nto save the ipod library and has to load it each time you activate it, thats why it always starts from track one. Most people I know get to know the first track on their ipod very well, makes you hate abba eventually haha

Quick Reply: Can someone explain the IPOD controls in '11 S?