Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Our 2011 Cayenne S custom orderfor your thoughts/suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Great point on the 19 vs 20 " wheels. 20 It will be for me. Burmester set up without an XM radio is apparently a bad mistake so I will go for the XM. It's amazing how much you learn through others posts. Thank you all once again. Anybody seen Auburn metallic in person ? Looks like the espresso/cognac interior may go very well with AUburn exterior (may be even more so than the Umber metallic).
Old 09-13-2010, 01:41 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Visited the dealer yesterday for the test drive. Only had one Cayenne S (Umber metallic without PDCC/PTV) available for test drive and several customers waiting in line for the test drive (apparently the have sold every single one that arrives at the door). In any case test drive went great, loved the 20" RS spyder wheels and Umber is a very nice exterior color. Then just sat in a Panamera with a Burmester and my high quality audio CD...OMG what a system. Today I went back with my full custom order spec sheet (came close to 110K). Got a very bad offer for my immaculately well kept '04 Sienna minivan (3K less than KBB) and a 2.5% discount for the custom order that too because I was a return customer. Came home disappointed. One thing is for sure though. I will get the Cayenne S custom ordered for my wife. She is worth it to say the least..but when the time is right. I wanted atleast KBB trade value for a pristine very low mileage example and 3 % off the custom order. Is that too much to ask ? They would not budge today. I do not blame them given the demand. Maybe tomorrow is a different day. We shall see.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:51 AM
losdeanos
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like it's going to be a slick rig wOOT. Did you end up using Dale?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:15 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone else's alarm bells ringing ?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:57 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

I think come next year we will be seeing 5 % off even for custom orders but patience is key...but it is kinda hard. I waited for my 997.2 to pull the trigger and then after I started driving it I felt man why did I wait so long to get into one and kept thinking about all the days that I lost in my life driving the boring MB E-350 (no offense/great car just not my cup of tea).

I just cannot trade in my pristine condition minivan for 11K when I see minivans of the same year/model with 30K miles more being listed on autotrader by private parties for 16 to 18 K. The vehicle is in showroom condition. I have placed an ad in the member to member classified section here and will soon use Autotrader.

A couple of thoughts on the new Cayennes. The looks and ride on the 20 inch Spyder wheels is great. My wife is 5'2 and she has a hard time getting out of the drivers seat without a deep massage of the outer bolster. If you look at there brochures unlike previous year (atleast on the 911s) this year both the 14 way and the 18 way seats have prominent side bolsters bulging out. In fact there was already evidence of wear on the outer bolster on the driver and passenger side (guessing spouse accompanies the test driver)on a 150 mile test drive Cayenne. As much as I hate the idea, I may be ordering mine with a running board as my CS will be a keeper and I cannot bear to see seats that show it's age. But that's just me. The interior is very quiet, so the value of noise insulated glass is debatable (unless you want one for the deep tint which I am not a big fan of). The stock interior has a aluminium and piano black trim for the dash/doors etc. The sales consultant had no clue when I asked him what happens to the small existing strip of aluminium when I go with a brushed aluminium package. We share so much info here. Trust me we are a much more informed group then some of the cnsultants out there. When I spec'd a 110K Cayenne and got 2% off, the consultant tells me this. "Oh! your wife will never see the PDCC/PTV benefit, you may not see the Burmester effect, so right there you can get some additional discount on the final price." Ya right. The main reason I am sold on the 2011 Cayenne (rather than save a bunch by getting the first gen) is the above three options. No I may be wrong in my thought process but.....

Quick Reply: Our 2011 Cayenne S custom orderfor your thoughts/suggestions