Sponsored by:

Took the plunge - CTT 2006 joins the stable

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:41 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 261 Posts
Default Took the plunge - CTT 2006 joins the stable

After much soul searching, I decided that my '87 911 could learn to share the garage with a 2006 CTT. In a nod to any hurt feelings, I bought one in the same color. The PO is getting the dealer to replace the plastic water pipes and do a comprehensive service so when I pick up in a week or so it will be ready to roll on down the road with authority. Yes, this is a private sale from a fellow Porsche fanatic, who also has a lovely backdated '87 911. So cats and dogs can get along...

Here are the details, love your thoughts on these options (see attached invoice for full list).

Crystal Silver/Black Leather
75K Miles, Two Owners, Full Service History (first owner was a co-founder of Snapple and had the car for 1 year, then got a new one - nice!)
CPO till 11/2011 (or 100K)
20" Sport Techno Wheels with 2 sets of tires (summer and winter) and a set of 18" wheels
Pano Roof, Rear Air, Camera and Park Assist, etc
Clear Front Markers and B/C pillar blackouts new in box
Motorola Bluetooth adapter installed
Items less than perfect: two wheels are slightly curbed
Super Clear CarFax

So there you have it. Is this the dark side or just the other side of the planet? Looking forward to having a true luxury performance experience, my last two SUVs were the 2003 Toy Land Cruiser and 2007 BMW X3. I think this is going to be something a level above.

Questions:

I do my own work, but the CPO is very welcome! I thought I read somewhere that you could extend this up to 150K miles - is that possible?

iPhone. iPod. I have 'em, love 'em. How do I get the music from them into this Bose system? I hope you will not say Dice adapter...

Chris
Attached Images     
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Oh yeah, anyone want to buy a 2008 Mini Cooper S with 16K miles? When one comes in, another must depart...
Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 948 Posts

Nice looking CTT. Welcome to the Pig Pen.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to club P!g. The CPO takes the risk off you for a little while which is nice. Silver exterior rocks those technos like no other (but then again, I'm biased ). When I asked my P dealer about extending my CPO warranty, they laughed.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:19 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Now this one definitely fits the description of "has almost every option imaginable" better- 20" wheels, pano roof, 4 zone AC, and the not so common rearview camera! Congrats
Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Questions:
I do my own work, but the CPO is very welcome! I thought I read somewhere that you could extend this up to 150K miles - is that possible?
AFAIK, no, but you can always ask your dealer.

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Questions:
iPhone. iPod. I have 'em, love 'em. How do I get the music from them into this Bose system? I hope you will not say Dice adapter...
mOBridge and Dension units have been the most installed/discussed/supported here on RL across the various forums.
You might want to search the Carrera/Boxster forums, since the infotainment system is 95% common between the two platforms, so there is a lot of information and pictures available.

BTW, nice use of the word "plunge" ... very fitting for a new Cayenne owner.

BTW2, please ask the previous owner if there has been any leaks in the Pano roof or any services for issues like rattles, etc.
Much like the modern Targa top, they are beautiful, but when they need service ...

And welcome to the P!g Pen.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats, looks like a very well cared for Pepper (not P!g).
Good move getting the coolant tubes replaced, haven't needed mine done yet but I too have over a year left on CPO.

Again, congrats!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:41 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
BTW2, please ask the previous owner if there has been any leaks in the Pano roof or any services for issues like rattles, etc.
Much like the modern Targa top, they are beautiful, but when they need service ...

I had some occasional rattles on rough roads from the X3 sunroof, which was similar to the Pano, these don't get under my skin too much.

Leaks, those I don't like. I'll keep an eye on it, and will certainly be pouring over the records.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:00 PM
jeremy77
Intermediate

Love the pano roof. Wish my 06 CS has it. Anyway, congrats on a sweet-lookin' ride!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:43 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Since my wife has never driven or even looked closely at these since they came out, I am hoping to "wow" her with the interior and power. I think it will do the trick.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wilfred
Now this one definitely fits the description of "has almost every option imaginable" better- 20" wheels, pano roof, 4 zone AC, and the not so common rearview camera! Congrats
+1. Chris, it's definitely much better a vehicle than the other Pepper that you were considering. The Technos are very unique and gorgeous! Congrats! I'm jealous for your rear-view camera. Enjoy!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Boeing 717

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

Our Pano roof has never leaked but there is a rubber seal in the front that can get bent and jam the operation so you may wanna check that. I took the whole thing apart because the very front flap wouldnt close, it wasnt till after i had it all apart that i realized it was that rubber seal. Its been trouble free otherwise and there is a procedure to reset the whole thing if you ever need it. Ours doesnt make any rattles but does allow a little more wind noise at cruise than a normal roof when its closed.

Congrats on your car they are really really nice.

Last edited by Boeing 717; 08-14-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:43 PM
s4for5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I'm curious

How did you get the dealer to replace the coolant pipes if they are not leaking?

I may know someone for your Cooper S
email me at hiperformance@hotmail.com
Good luck on the new ride
Barry
Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Wink

The PO has a very good relationship with the local dealer. The car just developed a "new" coolant leak after we talked about it
Old 08-16-2010, 09:39 PM
jdcorbitt3
Rennlist Member

I will sell you my Dice Ipod adapter for $350. That is about half price. I bought it for my P!G with a navi unit and decided not to install it. I want an 08GTS instead, and the come with Navi. I think it disables the cd changer in the back.

John

Quick Reply: Took the plunge - CTT 2006 joins the stable