Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this an S or "just" a turbo? Beats Me!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by jes999
Some things don't add up here. They say it is a one owner car but it went through the auction in April 2009 and has been Titled 3 times. Also, heavy useage in the last year; 20K miles since Aug 2009.
Two owner car was the story. And I agree that the miles since August seem like a huge jump!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:32 PM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Turbo S engine is rated at 383 kw.
Standard turbo is rated at 331 kw.

The sticker you posted shows 331 kw.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:07 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

$31000 tops
Old 08-07-2010, 09:06 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malmasri
$31000 tops
Thanks. What are you basing this on? I am seeing virtually no sales history on ebay for the CTT (many for sale but none selling). I would feel very good getting this at that price
Old 08-07-2010, 01:47 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I maybe wrong but... On the option sticker pic you took, I see quite a bit of painted over dust around it. I just went look at mine and I do not see any. The sticker is in a very hidden/well protected spot and it's quite dirty. The cargo cover does not look original. All these suggest the right rear impact per Autocheck was quite extensive since the option sticker is on the far left.

Also, up front, 3 stickers are missing - Mobil 1, AC, and windshield fluid. The Mobil 1 sticker you can still see where it once was. So maybe it was washed off when someone cleaned the engine compartment? I'd inspect right front area carefully.

Not sure what these things are going for nowadays given the mileage and accident reported. But it sounds kinda low to me so maybe above are the reasons? Anyways, IMO, there are so many used Cayennes on the market I would look for another one without so many ???
Old 08-07-2010, 02:07 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wilfred
I maybe wrong but... On the option sticker pic you took, I see quite a bit of painted over dust around it. I just went look at mine and I do not see any. The sticker is in a very hidden/well protected spot and it's quite dirty. The cargo cover does not look original. All these suggest the right rear impact per Autocheck was quite extensive since the option sticker is on the far left.

Also, up front, 3 stickers are missing - Mobil 1, AC, and windshield fluid. The Mobil 1 sticker you can still see where it once was. So maybe it was washed off when someone cleaned the engine compartment? I'd inspect right front area carefully.

Not sure what these things are going for nowadays given the mileage and accident reported. But it sounds kinda low to me so maybe above are the reasons? Anyways, IMO, there are so many used Cayennes on the market I would look for another one without so many ???
Here are the full rez pics that I took yesterday. Take another look and tell me if still have concerns. I agree there are several to choose from!

http://picasaweb.google.com/cbracerx/2005CTT
Old 08-07-2010, 06:21 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350378340513

Wow. So this is the market eh?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:20 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Here are the full rez pics that I took yesterday. Take another look and tell me if still have concerns. I agree there are several to choose from!

http://picasaweb.google.com/cbracerx/2005CTT
The inside paint in the back still looks suspicious to me. Mine does not have any painted over dust. Also, I noticed both cayennes have tan interior but the white one has black steering wheel. Was that the option you listed in "olive"?

Also, be sure your state or city allows tinted taillights. Here in California, in some cities, those lights are just asking to be pulled over.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Wow, that is cheap! I wonder if the transaction will complete or if the dealer will try to get out of it somehow. I went on the dealer's web and they are asking $36,990 - no haggle price so they say. Wonder if they will knock almost $9k off of that.

Although it does not "has almost every option imaginable", like 20" wheels, pano roof, 4 zone AC, rearview camera, tow hitch, nor even roof rails. But if the car checks out, even at $37k, that seems like a better deal than the white one. Hence, 1-owner, lower mileage and clean history will only help your resale value down the road.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:51 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks. What are you basing this on?
Whole sale is low 20's......that makes a fair retail high 20 to low 30....anything beyond would not sell
Old 08-08-2010, 12:18 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malmasri
Whole sale is low 20's......that makes a fair retail high 20 to low 30....anything beyond would not sell
Thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:21 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

The inside paint in the back still looks suspicious to me. Mine does not have any painted over dust. Also, I noticed both cayennes have tan interior but the white one has black steering wheel. Was that the option you listed in "olive"?

Also, be sure your state or city allows tinted taillights. Here in California, in some cities, those lights are just asking to be pulled over.
It is not dust, it is welding splatter. If this area was repainted, they did and amazing job with removing and replacing the option sticker - it does not appear to have been removed.

It has current PA inspection and includes the original lights.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Wow, that is cheap! I wonder if the transaction will complete or if the dealer will try to get out of it somehow. I went on the dealer's web and they are asking $36,990 - no haggle price so they say. Wonder if they will knock almost $9k off of that.

Although it does not "has almost every option imaginable", like 20" wheels, pano roof, 4 zone AC, rearview camera, tow hitch, nor even roof rails. But if the car checks out, even at $37k, that seems like a better deal than the white one. Hence, 1-owner, lower mileage and clean history will only help your resale value down the road.
Strange - there is a new classified listing for it now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...ht_6573wt_1165
Old 08-14-2010, 01:09 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the help guys, I decided on a different (better) CTT and started a new thread.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:22 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If I remember the A/C control flip cover/door on the turbo S has TURBO S on it all others have PORSCHE...

Quick Reply: Is this an S or "just" a turbo? Beats Me!