Sponsored by:

2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - 33K Miles - Dealer Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - 33K Miles - Dealer Sale

Is it me, or does this seem like a low asking price right off the bat? Tons of options.

http://www.parkplacetexas.com/web/17...ition_id=10426

$52,900

Warranty Date 1/31/2007

MSRP: 119,520

8E Crystal Silver Metallic
NQ Black Full Leather
AAC Front Air Intake Alu Look
CS5 20" Cayenne Sport Design Wheel
N7D Soft Look Leather-Smooth Lthr
0TD Floor Mats
1NP Wheel Hub Covers Colored Crest
3FE Moonroof
3Y4 Roll up Sunscreen-1/4 Windows
7A2 6 Disc CD Changer
2JC Stainless Stl Front Skid Plate
3S7 Roof Rails Aluminum Look
PO4 Light Comfort Package/Memory
8E Crystal Silver Metallic Top
SW5 Custom Tailoring Cayenne
QV4 XM Satellite Radio
Old 08-01-2010, 01:41 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Edmunds says, "$61,057" for similar specced at dealer retail price without certified warranty....
Old 08-01-2010, 03:12 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

I think it is a good price and CPO'ed. I think you should be able to get is in upper 40's pretty easily.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
I think it is a good price and CPO'ed. I think you should be able to get is in upper 40's pretty easily.
Hmm, are Edmunds and KBB way off on pricing Cayenne's? $10-15K off? Upper 40's is below KBB trade in for that car without CPO.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:17 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

From a dealer perspective it is two generations old now (cosmetically) and almost five years old chronologically. Not very high demand for a dealer car so I'm guessing they took it on trade and want to move it out.

If you are really serious about the car I can stop in and take a look at it.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:43 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scott C
From a dealer perspective it is two generations old now (cosmetically) and almost five years old chronologically. Not very high demand for a dealer car so I'm guessing they took it on trade and want to move it out.

If you are really serious about the car I can stop in and take a look at it.
Much appreciated but I'm not interested in that car since I just purchased my 08 CS. I've been watching the market ever since my purchase and it seems like Texas P dealers have the best asking prices ANYWHERE. For instance, that same Texas dealer has an 08 CS for $42K without CPO while my dealer here in Scottsdale, AZ has a similar mileage 08 CS asking $56K (With CPO though). I tried working on that same 08 CS that's still for sale and the dealer didn't seem interested in anything under $50K.

Heck, I could have drove to Texas, paid asking price for their 08 CS, spent a few days in expenses, drove back and still have $1-2K left over for what I paid for my Silver 08 CS....and I fought/haggled for my CS....

Last edited by 00Jay; 08-01-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:04 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I did the same thing when I bought my '05. At the time, dealers were not negotiating on CPO cars here in Dallas. When both dealers had lesser cars for mid-50s, I found mine in Minneapolis for $49k. It had all the options I wanted (especially PASM). So, we flew up to MN on miles and drove home over a weekend.

BTW, rule of thumb for adding CPO to a used car is $3k - $4k.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:38 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Hmm, think I didn't get the best deal then....

08 CS - 30K Miles
1N3 Variable Assist Power Steering
P04 Light Comfort Package/Memory
18" Cayenne Turbo Wheel
PPB Preferred Package Plus
PC3 Bi-Xenon
PF1 PCM 2.1
PK1 Front Seat Heater including Steering Wheel
1D6 Trailer Hitch w.o Hitch Ball
1NP Wheel Hub Covers Colored Crest
3FE Moonroof
7A2 6 Disc CD Changer
9VL Bose
8E Crystal Silver Metallic

Paid $47K w/o Tax last month though I was given a decent amount for my trade-in....basically bluebook excellent value. When I priced the same above options in both Edmunds and KBB, both said the vehicle price with CPO should have been around $55K-$56K.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:11 PM
jes999
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Jay
.... while my dealer here in Scottsdale, AZ has a similar mileage 08 CS asking $56K (With CPO though).
Porsche North Scottsdale has always priced their used CPO cars WAY above "market". I have tried to buy several cars from them and they have never been willing to deal. I paid about $8K less for my CPO Cayenne S from a Porsche dealer in North Carolina than the lowest price I could negotiate from them on a similar speced car they had on their lot about 3 years ago. And recently I bought my Carrera S for $10K less than they were willing to sell a similarly speced cart they were sitting on. However, they do seem to move a fair # of cars. I guess it is the fact that they are the only real dealer in about a 250 mile radius (Tucson dealer is really a non-entity) and a lot of their customers are not too price sensitive.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by jes999
Porsche North Scottsdale has always priced their used CPO cars WAY above "market". I have tried to buy several cars from them and they have never been willing to deal. I paid about $8K less for my CPO Cayenne S from a Porsche dealer in North Carolina than the lowest price I could negotiate from them on a similar speced car they had on their lot about 3 years ago. And recently I bought my Carrera S for $10K less than they were willing to sell a similarly speced cart they were sitting on. However, they do seem to move a fair # of cars. I guess it is the fact that they are the only real dealer in about a 250 mile radius (Tucson dealer is really a non-entity) and a lot of their customers are not too price sensitive.
Good to know. Penske owns that Porsche dealer along with most of the other dealers off the 101 on Scottsdale Rd. I tried to work a deal on an 08 X5 at the BMW dealer over there and they wouldn't negotiate on their "reduced prices".
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 PM
jes999
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Jay
Good to know. Penske owns that Porsche dealer along with most of the other dealers off the 101 on Scottsdale Rd. I tried to work a deal on an 08 X5 at the BMW dealer over there and they wouldn't negotiate on their "reduced prices".
I have had a good experience at the Audi dealership but the rest of that group (Scottsdale 101 Auto Collection) is very dificult to deal with. None of them want to negotiate to "market" prices unless they are really trying to dump a car. However, the PENSKE MUSEUM is very cool and reason enough to visit.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:43 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Majority of the buyers of Cayennes all belonged in those cities..............therefore we have a high supply, low demand now......

However when it comes to dealing them down..........I am assuming due to my age and youthful appearance I have never come close to some of the deals I see here on rennlist.

I tried to pick up a new Cayenne S in 09, due to aggressive marketing from the stealership, full list price is all they would say they can do (they scoffed at any requests on price neg, saying its a porsche and no reason to lower their standards)........and offered me crap for my trade in on my 06 I purchased from them in 2006. Told them to stick it and I severed my service relationship with them as well.

The sales guy actually bought and kept the car he stiffed me on trade in value......on the intial 2006 purchase.

Same deal at Carmax, they wouldnt budge and offered me 11k for an 06 with 70k in miles.............and didnt budge on window sticker of an 04 CS(thank goodness) I was interested in.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:22 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by cordsig79
Majority of the buyers of Cayennes all belonged in those cities..............therefore we have a high supply, low demand now......

However when it comes to dealing them down..........I am assuming due to my age and youthful appearance I have never come close to some of the deals I see here on rennlist.

I tried to pick up a new Cayenne S in 09, due to aggressive marketing from the stealership, full list price is all they would say they can do (they scoffed at any requests on price neg, saying its a porsche and no reason to lower their standards)........and offered me crap for my trade in on my 06 I purchased from them in 2006. Told them to stick it and I severed my service relationship with them as well.

The sales guy actually bought and kept the car he stiffed me on trade in value......on the intial 2006 purchase.

Same deal at Carmax, they wouldnt budge and offered me 11k for an 06 with 70k in miles.............and didnt budge on window sticker of an 04 CS(thank goodness) I was interested in.
Time to find another dealer. Sometimes it takes many tries at the same dealership, then if that doesn't work then move to another. I have bought 4 porsches so far, and from 4 different Porsche dealerships.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott C
I found mine in Minneapolis for $49k. It had all the options I wanted (especially PASM). So, we flew up to MN on miles and drove home over a weekend.
When my local P dealer wouldn't budge on a new '06 CS, I flew to San Diego where the dealer had it shipped in and then I drove it back to Bay Area. Lucky for me, there were clients to see so I expensed the whole trip inc the flight! dave

Quick Reply: 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - 33K Miles - Dealer Sale