Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N Rated Tires - Any available with a decent tread rating?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:44 AM
00Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N Rated Tires - Any available with a decent tread rating?

My 20" Sport Technos are in and sitting in the garage. Trying to decide on which tires to purchase. Are there any N rated tires that will last at least 20K miles? I wouldn't mind 25K miles, but that might be asking for too much?

Experiences or advice appreciated....
Old 07-17-2010, 02:34 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 895 Posts

I think you're probably asking too much... N-rated tires don't last long on the Cayenne...
Old 07-17-2010, 09:47 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you want N rated tires so bad? In all seriousness, I bet my last set of N rated Michelins lasted less than 15k miles; that's pretty ridiculous. Using non-N rated tires won't void any part of your warranty. I've also never heard anyone say the dealer denied a warranty claim bc they weren't running n rated tires. Hell I had my dealer put the non-n rated tires on and then a few months later they put a new engine in.

Either way it's up to you, but based on threads from the last six months, I'd say the general consensus is people love the Conti DWS and Yoko Prada-X in 20" size. Both will save you big $$$. If you want to be raped, I believe the Michelin Latitude Tour HP n rated tire has the highest treadwear rating for the n rate options.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:34 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I think my main goal is not to lose the ride/sporty responsiveness during spirited driving. Think the Contis' will deliver similar results to what I have now? (which, I haven't had a chance to look at what's on my CS now, but the dealer put new tires on it during the certification process). I drove 1600 miles over the past 2 days, and I've enjoyed every minute of it....not sure if I'll be happy with less agressive tires?
Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 895 Posts

I have the Conti DWS on my Cayenne now and I'm very happy with it. I can't really tell too much difference from the OEM N-spec Contis that were on the vehicle when I bought it. That being said, I haven't taken it to the track.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:07 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

My 09 S handles just as good with my Yokohama Prada Spec XL as it did with the N rated Michelins on my Sport techno's. And it seems to ride down the highway a lot better

Quick Reply: N Rated Tires - Any available with a decent tread rating?