Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cayenne Spotted on Merit Pkwy

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010 | 02:39 AM
gaurang
Instructor

Default New Cayenne Spotted on Merit Pkwy

I am pretty sure I saw a new Cayenne headed north on the Merritt this afternoon... anyone else think they have spotted one in the wild yet? maybe this one??
Old 06-16-2010 | 02:52 AM
leek
Rennlist Member

There is one at Barrier in Bellevue. Looks very nice except back end looks a little mazda like
Old 06-16-2010 | 04:10 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

They had one at Fletcher Jones Porsche, Fremont today, an S in a sort of off-white metallic. Looks better. Nice wheels. Excellent panel gaps and fittings around the glass/headlights/etc. Cabin is much, much better than outgoing model. Arguably better "balanced" than the Panamera, which is a bit too "high."

I was told they had very few unsold Cayennes in their allocation and I tend to believe them -- if Porsche has cut production to reflect demand (and I think that's the only sensible measure to apply) then people wanting to be "spontaneous" buyers of the new Cayenne will find their spontaneity has to sustain itself into next year ... especially the hybrid. Personally, while I like the Hybrid, the Mercedes Bluetec is leagues ahead (and $30K cheaper) -- the whole Green thing has gone a long way off track given the hideous carbon footprint just to build this Hybrid. The V6 and even the S pencil out well ahead. But for sure, the Hybrid will have its devotees no matter the inherent contradictions.
Old 06-16-2010 | 09:17 AM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

I was looking at one on monday. The front is better looking than the rear. This was a darker car -- looked to be the same metallic brown that I like on the Panamera. I prefer the darker car over a white one I saw last week - and I like white Porsche's

I still like the look of the 1st generation -- it distinctive. The second generation and especially this one has too many extraneous curves for my taste. Also my main complaint will most current MB models.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne Spotted on Merit Pkwy