Sponsored by:

newbie, just bought 05 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 12:35 AM
ATSAaron
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie, just bought 05 Cayenne

So far all the "problems" have been the new owner, me not knowing how to operate stuff:

1. the Radio volume seemed to change constantly and the minimum volume level was pretty high. I turned off radio "autopilot" and now it's normal.

2. The tire pressure sensor light was lit up, but no pressures showed on the display - system needed to be reset and relearn the tires

I still have a couple issues:

1. the ashtray door is stuck shut. Not really a big deal if:
2. the owner's manual shows two additional 12V power outlets up front. I can't find them. Where are they?

3. I didn't get the manual for the NAV/PCM. Is there a place to dowload it, or buy one?

4. I have a 6 disk changer in the back, and I have a DVD player under the front passenger seat. Does that mean I have DVD based navigation? Is the DVD player useful for anything else? How much are the navigation updates?

Thanks,

Aaron
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2010, 12:40 AM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ATSAaron
So far all the "problems" have been the new owner, me not knowing how to operate stuff:

1. the Radio volume seemed to change constantly and the minimum volume level was pretty high. I turned off radio "autopilot" and now it's normal.

2. The tire pressure sensor light was lit up, but no pressures showed on the display - system needed to be reset and relearn the tires

I still have a couple issues:

1. the ashtray door is stuck shut. Not really a big deal if:

*Warm heat will get the old sticky stuff loose and allow you to open it, maybe a hair dryer? Once I got mine open I just lubed it up and made sure it went in and out a lot and has been fine since.

2. the owner's manual shows two additional 12V power outlets up front. I can't find them. Where are they?

*Open the passenger door (US Passenger) put your head on the floor and look up towards the center of the car (left) They are there, just far far back.

3. I didn't get the manual for the NAV/PCM. Is there a place to dowload it, or buy one?

*renntech.org

4. I have a 6 disk changer in the back, and I have a DVD player under the front passenger seat. Does that mean I have DVD based navigation? Is the DVD player useful for anything else? How much are the navigation updates?

*Nav updates. $400 or so.

Thanks,

Aaron
Thanks!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:59 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey - you gotta swap out those standard 18" Turbo rims for some bigger ones...

Just kidding - welcome to the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2010, 12:03 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the P!g Pen.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 965 Posts

Welcome. You'll find the two power outlets way up under the glove box. They are there...

You do have DVD nav. There may be updates available - depends on which ones you have.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 AM
ATSAaron
Advanced

I removed the A/C controls tonight to release the ash tray. I found it stuffed with junk, enough to clog up the mechanism. The good news is that it has the non-smoker package. No ash tray at all actually. Just a cool storage box.

Aaron

Quick Reply: newbie, just bought 05 Cayenne