Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In-dash Navigation Installtion in 2004 Cayenne.. Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010 | 02:15 PM
DAMNDEY
1st Gear

Default In-dash Navigation Installtion in 2004 Cayenne.. Cost?

Hi guys, i've just recently purchased a 2004 Cayene and I'm looking to possibly install a touchscreen or standard navigation into the dashboard where the cd and controls are located. Is this possible? If so how much would it cost and could you guys recommend any particular products either sold thru stores, ebay or etc.. In addition i'm curious to know if after getting this installed would it be possible to then upgrade to NAVI + Back up camera.. if you guys know of any products, information, sites or anything that could help me i would greatly appreciate it!

I'm in the Miami Beach, Fl area..

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2010 | 11:08 PM
SparkyCanada
Intermediate

I think it's a ton of cash to do this.

I was looking to do the same with my 05 - replace the stock head with a big screen Nav system & upgrade the speakers.

One guy told me if I wanted a better system in Cayenne - it would be cheaper for me to buy a Cayenne with a better system in it - than to replace the existing... YMMV

I opted for just replacing the front speaker set with high end Focals and necessary power for these speakers.

Good Luck

SparkyCanada
Old 03-28-2010 | 11:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Welcome to Rennlist and the Cayenne forum (aka the P!g Pen).

Your Cayenne can have a single or double DIN headunit installed in the dash opening.
You simply will have to replace the existing OEM headunit (CDR23 or PCM 2.x) and amplifier with the components of your choice.
It's been done many times.

How much you spend depends mainly on what components you pick and what your installer charges.
Old 03-29-2010 | 12:42 AM
SparkyCanada
Intermediate

Itc:

Installers tell me that the additional costs come from switching the fiber optics stuff that come with the vehicle - to standard wiring configurations because 3rd party manufacturers do not currently support fiber optic configurations.

Do you know much about this? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

SparkyCanada
Old 03-29-2010 | 12:48 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

You don't have to 'switch' the fiber optics, just leave it in the car and run new wires from the headunit to the amplifier.

If you do a search of the Carrera or Boxster forums, there are lots of threads and pictures.
(the Carrera/Boxster and Cayenne infotainment systems are 95% identical...same H/W, just different S/W)

There are no aftermarket / 3rd party MOST headunits or components available ... long story.
There are aftermarket add on products, like mOBridge, Dension and NAV-TV, but those simply allow you to incorporate external devices (ipod, sat, nav, bluetooth, etc) onto the MOST network/ring in the car.

Quick Reply: In-dash Navigation Installtion in 2004 Cayenne.. Cost?