Discounts on 2010 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:59 PM
ddub
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discounts on 2010 Cayenne S

Hi all,

I'm looking for a 2010 Cayenne S. For those who've bought one in the last few months, has anyone been getting any better than a 5% discount?

Saw one post say 5% is about right but I'm trying to get closer to 10%. Dunno if I'm being unrealistic. I know inventory is low but one dealer said I'd be able to put a deposit/build order for a 2011 in a couple weeks so I thought/hoped they'd be more willing to deal.

Thanks in advance,
Dale
Old 03-12-2010, 12:28 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i was hoping for more room as well seeing 2011's are coming soon, but no budging over here.. and im usually good at getting them to budge (got like 28% off my 09PDK911 )
Old 03-12-2010, 12:52 AM
wengqi
AutoX

If west coast dealers are anything like the ones here in ny, then it's going to be a tough go. They just don't seem to be in panic mode yet even with the 2011s so close to production.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:48 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

The 2011 are REALLY nice. The interior is mucho improved. The seats are fantastic. What I really liked on the seats is they have a power adjustable length to the bottom seat cushion.

However, they do seem smaller. Size wize, they are about the same as an Audi Q5. They are a little more Lexus RX looking than how unique they were before. But overall, Porsche really pulled it off. Interior think very Panamera looking just with more room in the back seat.

Overall, after seeing the whole range (Turbo, S, Diesel, and Hybrid) I didn't want to leave without one.

-Dana
Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 PM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ddub
Hi all,

I'm looking for a 2010 Cayenne S. For those who've bought one in the last few months, has anyone been getting any better than a 5% discount?

Saw one post say 5% is about right but I'm trying to get closer to 10%. Dunno if I'm being unrealistic. I know inventory is low but one dealer said I'd be able to put a deposit/build order for a 2011 in a couple weeks so I thought/hoped they'd be more willing to deal.

Thanks in advance,
Dale
Porsche did an outstanding job managing their inventory properly this time. While you will find a few leftover Cayennes on dealer lots, there really isn't much left at the port (this is why there is no panic and price dumping).

At least that's what we're hearing after asking around...
Old 03-30-2010, 04:26 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 993-C4S
Porsche did an outstanding job managing their inventory properly this time. While you will find a few leftover Cayennes on dealer lots, there really isn't much left at the port (this is why there is no panic and price dumping).

At least that's what we're hearing after asking around...
All the excesses are running around Stuttgart being driven by Porsche Mgmt.
I was there last week and couldn't go a mile without seeing at least 2 or 3.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:43 PM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Scott C
All the excesses are running around Stuttgart being driven by Porsche Mgmt.
I was there last week and couldn't go a mile without seeing at least 2 or 3.
Maybe "auf Deutschland" but here in the states, my understanding is that Porsche asked all of their employee leased Cayennes (Porsche offers subsidized leases to PCNA employees) to be turned in so they could make it back into the inventory to provide some lightly used car inventory... That's fairly telling in and of itself.

Quick Reply: Discounts on 2010 Cayenne S