Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back from the dealer, good as new... almost...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:48 PM
mxquattro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from the dealer, good as new... almost...

I recently picked up a 'new to me' '06 S, but without a history to it. So just in case I brought it to my local dealer (turn your head and cough) just to be sure its safe, had the recalls done etc. From here on though Ill bring it to a local independant.

Anyway, they did the 60K on it, which apparently is a f*king ripoff since they didnt do much according to the list. Oh wait, they did plugs. Yay. While there I had them do the coolant tubes and new coils. $3800 later Im good to go.

The good news is, theres a lot of peace of mind in that $3800. I did get home and smelled coolant though, so right now Im assuming it was maybe overfilled or something from the coolant tube job. Of course its snowing like hell and the garage floor is now wet so I wont know if I have an actual leak for a few days when it dries up.

Bottom line, even at $3800, Im so in love with that 'car'. Plus I got it for such a good price I can afford to put some into it.

Apparently I didnt actually have a point to this, but it felt good to vent.
bob
Old 02-16-2010, 08:06 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mxquattro
I recently picked up a 'new to me' '06 S, but without a history to it. So just in case I brought it to my local dealer (turn your head and cough) just to be sure its safe, had the recalls done etc. From here on though Ill bring it to a local independant.

Anyway, they did the 60K on it, which apparently is a f*king ripoff since they didnt do much according to the list. Oh wait, they did plugs. Yay. While there I had them do the coolant tubes and new coils. $3800 later Im good to go.

The good news is, theres a lot of peace of mind in that $3800. I did get home and smelled coolant though, so right now Im assuming it was maybe overfilled or something from the coolant tube job. Of course its snowing like hell and the garage floor is now wet so I wont know if I have an actual leak for a few days when it dries up.

Bottom line, even at $3800, Im so in love with that 'car'. Plus I got it for such a good price I can afford to put some into it.

Apparently I didnt actually have a point to this, but it felt good to vent.
bob
Yeah, I know the feeling, I asked how much is the 60k service too, and said, ok do the 1 hour check of the car, tell me what is wrong and an oil change.

Cost me $400 for that instead of $1200.

Told me plugs were good, coils were fine and newer (not newest), air filter is fine, etc. Only thing they didn't check was cabin filter (which I did for $25).

I already had the aluminum tubes.

Ask about the o-ring for the tubes. My dealer was saying some don't replace those or crush it or something.

Of course they found the $2000 transmission leak

Quick Reply: Back from the dealer, good as new... almost...