Before buy 2006 Cayenne V6 6 speed looking for input Pictures included

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:26 AM
gala79
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before buy 2006 Cayenne V6 6 speed looking for input Pictures included

Hi there guys.

I am looking to buy a 2006 Cayenne v6 manual and i like to know what will i get my self in to.

Options: Alarm, AM/FM Stereo, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Lock Brakes, Anti-Theft, Anti-Starter, CD Player, Driver Air Bag, Dual Air Bag, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wipers, Keyless Entry, Power Brakes, Power Mirrors, Power Seat, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Defroster, Side Impact Air Bag, Tilt Steering, Tinted Glass, Cruise Control, All Equipped, Heated Mirrors, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Traction Control, Sunroof, Rear Air & Heat, Power Trunk, Tilt Wheel, Rain Sensor Wipers, Backup Sensor, Split Folding Rear Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Dual Climate Controls, Xenon Headlights, Memory Seats, Flood Lights, Passenger Air Bag, Curb Side Mirrors, Satellite Radio, Adaptive Cruise Control, Telescoping Steering Wheel, Premium Audio, Reverse Park Assist/ Parking Sensors, Stability Control, Hill Ascent Control

Description : TITANIUM METALLIC ON BLACK LEATHER INT,FULLY EQUIPPED,RARE 6 SPEEDS/MANUAL,BI-XENON HEAD LIGHTS,POWER GLASS ROOF,PARKTRONIC,19"WHEELS,FULLY POWER&HEATER SEATS,ONLY 82000/KM.

I travel a lot highways so that would mean i will drive this car 50000/year it currently have 82000. I tend to keep my cars for 1.5-2 years and i like to drive in style.
My last car was 2004 BMW 545i

How is a maintnace on it expencive, not and what schould i be doing
How is it on gas
What kind of problems should i expect and what can they cost
Any sudjestions on Mechanic in Mississauga, Ont area

Any help is better then non.
My car sold and i have to give it away toomorow so i need to make a decision quick.

Thx a lot

Last edited by gala79; 02-15-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old 02-15-2010, 02:39 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gala79
Hi there guys.

I am looking to buy a 2006 Cayenne v6 manual and i like to know what will i get my self in to.

Options: Alarm, AM/FM Stereo, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Lock Brakes, Anti-Theft, Anti-Starter, CD Player, Driver Air Bag, Dual Air Bag, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wipers, Keyless Entry, Power Brakes, Power Mirrors, Power Seat, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Defroster, Side Impact Air Bag, Tilt Steering, Tinted Glass, Cruise Control, All Equipped, Heated Mirrors, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Traction Control, Sunroof, Rear Air & Heat, Power Trunk, Tilt Wheel, Rain Sensor Wipers, Backup Sensor, Split Folding Rear Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Dual Climate Controls, Xenon Headlights, Memory Seats, Flood Lights, Passenger Air Bag, Curb Side Mirrors, Satellite Radio, Adaptive Cruise Control, Telescoping Steering Wheel, Premium Audio, Reverse Park Assist/ Parking Sensors, Stability Control, Hill Ascent Control

Description : TITANIUM METALLIC ON BLACK LEATHER INT,FULLY EQUIPPED,RARE 6 SPEEDS/MANUAL,BI-XENON HEAD LIGHTS,POWER GLASS ROOF,PARKTRONIC,19"WHEELS,FULLY POWER&HEATER SEATS,ONLY 82000/KM.

I travel a lot highways so that would mean i will drive this car 50000/year it currently have 82000. I tend to keep my cars for 1.5-2 years and i like to drive in style.
My last car was 2004 BMW 545i

How is a maintnace on it expencive, not and what schould i be doing
How is it on gas
What kind of problems should i expect and what can they cost
Any sudjestions on Mechanic in Mississauga, Ont area

Any help is better then non.
My car sold and i have to give it away toomorow so i need to make a decision quick.

Thx a lot
No price?

Anyway, 6 speed is rare, but so is an asteroid hitting the earth, so don't expect that to add value.

You are driving a lot, so maybe you should look for a 2008, the next model year as you will get around 21 MPG with the 6 vs 17MPG or so.

A new body style is coming out this year, so expect the older body style to devalue even faster than the current one. With your 130k on the clock too!

Oh and the 6 cylinder is slow compared to the 8 and turbo!

Might as well look for one with navigation built in, doesnt add much more to the price and is $5000 to add afterwards.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:19 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on a V8!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Coyote99
Rennlist Member

Another point of view on the nav is that this technology seems outdated every 90 days so the '06 software (even with a 2010 Disc) is not modern Nav. I specifically avoided the built in nav on my '04 because of this. Now I have a $130 Garmin that has live traffic as well as easy map updates.

Good looking Pepper. Enjoy
Old 02-16-2010, 10:18 AM
novat_99
Intermediate

Nice looking vehicle. I have a 2009 V6 and while it doesn't drive like a race car, I find it to have plenty of power for daily driving. It also handles and brakes very well for a fairly heavy vehicle. When I want to race around, I get in my Corvette Z06

Last edited by novat_99; 02-16-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

The 2008+ V6 is the way to go. I wouldn't bother with the first generation V6, you might as well get out and run faster. The latest generation V6 is a nice vehicle, it has pretty good power, it is smooth and handles well, plus it is good on gas on the highway. The direct injection engine in the latest model along with "sport" mode make it a good all-rounder for the price.

Quick Reply: Before buy 2006 Cayenne V6 6 speed looking for input Pictures included