Sponsored by:

Strange cluster issue? PWIS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 02:19 AM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Strange cluster issue? PWIS?

So everything looks good and works in the cluster, except for some reason the trip and clock buttons do nothing. Anyone ever see this? Could it be a coding issue? Clock is not a big deal, as I can go into the menu manually, trip though I use a lot.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My trip odo. reset button did not work when I got the car. Took to my dealer and they replaced the dash gauge cluster, worked for a couple of times and failed again. They replaced it again and it's worked fine ever since. Per my SA they hadn't seen a problem with them (gauge clusters) until after they did mine, since then they've had to do several of them in other Peppers. Apparently there are several ways it will fail, not just the trip odo. reset. It is re-manufactured part, they have to send the failed one back to Porsche. I don't think it's a DIY project, they have to reprogram the cluster with your mileage ect.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:23 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
My trip odo. reset button did not work when I got the car. Took to my dealer and they replaced the dash gauge cluster, worked for a couple of times and failed again. They replaced it again and it's worked fine ever since. Per my SA they hadn't seen a problem with them (gauge clusters) until after they did mine, since then they've had to do several of them in other Peppers. Apparently there are several ways it will fail, not just the trip odo. reset. It is re-manufactured part, they have to send the failed one back to Porsche. I don't think it's a DIY project, they have to reprogram the cluster with your mileage ect.

Thanks, good to know someone else has had this issue. Something to debate, might as well replace it with a turbo cluster then

Quick Reply: Strange cluster issue? PWIS?