Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Liftgate

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010 | 06:40 PM
tonga3
Advanced

Default Rear Liftgate

So about 50% of the time when the truck is unlocked the rear gate and hatch will not function. I can pop the glass with the remote and if I use the inside switch for the gate it will open, otherwise i need to pop the plastic cap off the inside and do it manually. It's an '05 CS. Anybody ever have this issue or know of a solution.
Thanks in advance
Andy
Old 01-13-2010 | 08:08 AM
tonga3
Advanced

Don't tell me I've discovered a new problem. I feel so special.
Old 01-13-2010 | 11:05 AM
richc
Pro

No idea, but I've had mine over a year and didn't know you could open the glass in the back. How do you do it?
Old 01-13-2010 | 11:55 AM
tonga3
Advanced

You can hold the button down on the remote or you can press the small button under the lift for the glass.
Originally Posted by richc
No idea, but I've had mine over a year and didn't know you could open the glass in the back. How do you do it?
Old 01-14-2010 | 01:24 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Back when I had my '04 there was a "replacement latch" that was part of a recall or some sort of campaign - check with your shop to see if this has been performed on your CS...
Old 01-14-2010 | 11:28 AM
porsche52
Board Certified Porsche Trauma Surgeon
Cayenne Grief Counselor
Rennlist Member

comfort settings in instrument cluster? Main menu-->Settings-->Comfort-->Door Opening-->Is the box for tailgate selected?
Old 01-14-2010 | 11:56 AM
tonga3
Advanced

Yes, checked and double checked. It's a very strange problem.
Originally Posted by porsche52
comfort settings in instrument cluster? Main menu-->Settings-->Comfort-->Door Opening-->Is the box for tailgate selected?
Old 01-17-2010 | 09:07 PM
tonga3
Advanced

Just a quick update with some additional info. The doors and alarm are now arming themselves. I had the hood open today and I had to repeatedly hit the unlock button on the remote because the doors kept locking and alarm setting. Another thing that has started happening is that I never used to be able to lock the doors with the fob when the drivers door was open, now it will lock the doors and the alarm will start to go off.
Old 01-20-2010 | 02:20 AM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by tonga3
Just a quick update with some additional info. The doors and alarm are now arming themselves. I had the hood open today and I had to repeatedly hit the unlock button on the remote because the doors kept locking and alarm setting. Another thing that has started happening is that I never used to be able to lock the doors with the fob when the drivers door was open, now it will lock the doors and the alarm will start to go off.
That would make me think that the switch that detects the hood state is stuck in a position that makes the car think the hood is closed.

Whenever you unlock the car with the fob and you dont touch a door, hood, etc, it arms itself again. Since you dont open the hood that often, I wouldnt be suprised if the switch is stuck down.

If you leave the drivers door open, after you pop the hood, I bet the alarm wont arm.
Old 01-20-2010 | 08:11 AM
tonga3
Advanced

Unfortunately, the alarm will arm with just the drivers door open.

Quick Reply: Rear Liftgate