Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Wheel Controls

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You folks are hoping for an intelligent, modern, functional audio system from Porsche. Sorry, they will only do that for suspension systems. They know better than us what we need in a automobile, look how long it took them to provide cupholders. And don't try to tell them Kia, Hyundai, Toyota ect. all seem to have that capability, they don't care. As I said before, they know better than us what's important. If they find their customers going to MB, Audi, BMW ect. they don't care, they must not have been true Porsche customers in the first place. Like I said, they know better than us what we truly want, they're Porsche.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Post of the week
Now that's funny
Old 06-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Rossi
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

So there is really no way to switch between the preset stations using the steering wheel buttons? My 2009 GTS just tunes the frequency up or down :-(((
Old 06-23-2014, 10:22 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Negative, my friend. You can "seek" through all stations (auto stops at stations for a few seconds) or you can press the Man button and manually tune a radio station with the arrows. You cannot use the steering wheel buttons to browse through your presets. Furthermore, you can't just turn the right **** on the stereo to change the audio station. You have to go to the "audi" page and manually type it in after selecting "freq select."

Also - the two buttons on the backside of the wheel are only for lighting if you don't have a heated wheel. If you have a heated steering wheel, the right button turns on the steering wheel heating. But, it's a valid point to think that someone would want a dedicated button to just turn off steering wheel lights.

It's so funny the ergonomics difference between the PCM system and the nav system on the Toaureg. It's so intuitive I never once had to open that manual when I had a treg. I've had to dig into the manual *several* times for the PCM, just to figure out how to do simple things like mute the nav voice.

But, I do like that a double click on the shifter buttons skips a gear, using the buttons to downshift for engine braking when not in manual mode will keep the car in that gear until you give it gas. The whole beyond kick down going to the lowest gear possible, and the fact that the 450 HP motor is remarkably reliable - it's almost laughable how bad the PCM setup is. It's almost like a bunch of techie nerds trying to figure out how to talk to a beautiful woman at a bar. It's not rocket science, but to them it somehow is.

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Controls