CPO Questions

Old 12-29-2009, 06:57 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default CPO Questions

Hey there,

I brought my Cayenne into the Albany, NY Porsche dealer for a major service (40,000 mile). They are replacing the coils under the CPO, but claimed that my other 2 "complaints" were not covered by the CPO warranty.

The first was the ridiculously low "range" of my key fobs. They claimed it was an "antenae defect" and would not be covered. However, they would be willing to track down the problem on my nickel---NO thanks.

The second issue was the rear tail gate lift shocks---they once again claimed that these were not covered. Interestingly enough, this same dealer did replace the shocks almost 2 years ago under the CPO agreement....

What are your thoughts? I believe I read that other dealers had replaced the key fobs under warranty---was this the original Porsche warranty or the CPO?

Lastly, they are charging me $1570 for the 40,000 mile service. Hennessy in ATL only charges $1175---since when did SmAlbany, NY become more $$$ than the ATL? Could they be charging me for some redundant labor?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Coyote99
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer thought that the hatch shocks were covered and split the cost with me when he repaired them and then found out that the "updated" list of covered CPO parts did not include these anymore.

I can't speak to the range of the key fob.

No idea on the 40k mile service cost either...Sorry.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

With regards to key fob range, if you want, remove the rear spoiler cover and make sure that:

a. there isn't signs of water accumulating
b. that the antenna isn't coiled up with a tie wrap; if so, extend it the full length.

With regards to the CPO coverage, ask the dealer to provide you a written copy of the CPO warranty, coverage and exclusions.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:07 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Cool Lewis---thanks!!!

Mike
Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats covered and not covered by the original CPO warranty is kind of murky. I've seen lists posted that were definitely not correct. There was an actual list of unique part id numbers from PCNA that was covered but that document is no longer up to date. The rear hatch springs are unfortunately not covered by the first gen CPO warranty. Its possible the dealer might have replaced them the first time without knowing they weren't covered (which means they have to eat the cost of that repair).

I don't recall if key remotes were covered under the first CPO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CPO Questions