Voters: 17175985. You may not vote on this poll

Pepper or P!g

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 02:30 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I've been asked to review the voting in the Pepper Versus Pig debate. After carefully consulting the logs, I can confirm that neither Larry nor ltc have voted in this poll.

On the other hand, I have observed that an astonishingly large number of people with email addresses incorporating "@satofans.com" did vote. So many in fact that my computer is still scrolling in spite of hitting "escape" multiple times.

Having seen similar anomalies in threads about F1 drivers and polls related thereto, I will continue to investigate. Since Rennlist rarely has more than 96,000 visits per week, 17 million votes does raise concerns. I worry that 17 million visits and votes might constitute some new and insidious attempt at another denial of service attack!

Regards,
I swear I didn't vote multiple times. But I am not surprised by the 17 million votes either. P!g clearly is the most representative name. I'm sure past owners (and their friends, families, and neighbors) caught wind of the poll and made sure to vote before it closed.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:10 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is with deep regret that I inform you that it was I who submitted millions of votes to call the vehicle by its "true calling". Let me explain why --------

After my original manufacturer warranty expired and my "gold" (dealer bought - see threads) extended warranty kicked in... my PIG (note brown color like the excrement PIGS live in) decided to crack an -05 coil... thus requiring me to go to the dealer to have aforementioned coil replaced. As I drove down the highway stuttering at 60 (max speed attainable) and a VW 60's era BUG passed my PIG... I realized Larry was right to commit suicide whilest in his nemesis. Not to mention since the dealer replaced the -05 coil with a -07 coil the parts warranty was not in effect because it is "technically" a different part. At this point, my dealer which is a great one, was told that I then want a -05 put into my vehicle to replace the -05. Astonished, my service writer said, "let me check into that". No -05 parts could be found. $200 deductible to cover ONE FREAKIN' coil. As I drove off the lot, I feel certain that I felt some minor stuttering from the engine. WHEN.. note I say WHEN the other -05 coils go bad.. (which replaced -04 coils 90 days earlier) I will be insisting on -05 replacements unless of course PCNA would like to step up and put -07's in at NO CHARGE.

So, not that irritated me or anything..... and not that I would therefore want to publicly flog PAG... but it's a PIG.

p.s. I'd fall on the sword for our esteemed moderator anytime.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Coyote99
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We should have sold a sponsorship to this poll. 17 million page views from the Cayenne owner demo ought to be worth something. Maybe an aftermarket warranty company would have been interested.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
It is with deep regret that I inform you that it was I who submitted millions of votes to call the vehicle by its "true calling". Let me explain why --------

After my original manufacturer warranty expired and my "gold" (dealer bought - see threads) extended warranty kicked in... my PIG (note brown color like the excrement PIGS live in) decided to crack an -05 coil... thus requiring me to go to the dealer to have aforementioned coil replaced. As I drove down the highway stuttering at 60 (max speed attainable) and a VW 60's era BUG passed my PIG... I realized Larry was right to commit suicide whilest in his nemesis. Not to mention since the dealer replaced the -05 coil with a -07 coil the parts warranty was not in effect because it is "technically" a different part. At this point, my dealer which is a great one, was told that I then want a -05 put into my vehicle to replace the -05. Astonished, my service writer said, "let me check into that". No -05 parts could be found. $200 deductible to cover ONE FREAKIN' coil. As I drove off the lot, I feel certain that I felt some minor stuttering from the engine. WHEN.. note I say WHEN the other -05 coils go bad.. (which replaced -04 coils 90 days earlier) I will be insisting on -05 replacements unless of course PCNA would like to step up and put -07's in at NO CHARGE.

So, not that irritated me or anything..... and not that I would therefore want to publicly flog PAG... but it's a PIG.
Nice to have you back in the forum...you've been missed.
Sorry about the coil pack thing...AFAIK, it is the longest running 'issue' with the Peppered P!g (there, everyone's happy).

Originally Posted by MadFox
p.s. I'd fall on the sword for our esteemed moderator anytime.
That would be Sir Mudman2 ... I'm just here for rest and relaxation.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by wirunner
I swear I didn't vote multiple times. But I am not surprised by the 17 million votes either. P!g clearly is the most representative name. I'm sure past owners (and their friends, families, and neighbors) caught wind of the poll and made sure to vote before it closed.
Guys with Airedales can vote as often as they want. I miss mine!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:09 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MadFox must work for ACORN it seems!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:06 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...nyc-valid.html

I think this is official. NYPD think Cayenne is a P!G. Yes, they can't spell, but it's obvious that they meant P!G
Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

clearly a case of phonetic spelling...

Quick Reply: Pepper or P!g