Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Excited!!! Picking up my Cayenne S tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:01 PM
profusion
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i suppose any h11 kit from ddmtuning will fit fine. will it throw a code though?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:52 AM
profusion
Advanced

I was going to change the spark plugs and upon checking the coils, I found out the I have the newer coils. Looks like it's been replaced already. Spark plugs are also in great condition. I am psyched!

If I call the dealer, can they tell me what services the Cayenne received (given they were performed at a Porsche dealership)?
Old 12-09-2009, 02:24 AM
fredjchavez
Track Day

The stealer can tell if any work was performed (other porsche dealers). Since you have already dropped a load, they will probably share anything they have!

The person I spoke to told me about socal work that was performed and I live in the bay area...
Old 12-09-2009, 02:25 AM
fredjchavez
Track Day

Curious...I have virgin paint and was thinking 3m clear...how much in round figures is it?
Old 12-09-2009, 02:03 PM
profusion
Advanced

it was under $200 for the 3m kit when i bought it on ebay. make sure surface area is clean and wax free. also use lots of soap/water on the area and the film itself. do it in a close garage and use a nice heat gun (low setting) or hair dryer (high setting).
Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 PM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by profusion
I was going to change the spark plugs and upon checking the coils, I found out the I have the newer coils. Looks like it's been replaced already. Spark plugs are also in great condition. I am psyched!

If I call the dealer, can they tell me what services the Cayenne received (given they were performed at a Porsche dealership)?
Congrats on your choice. It is exciting stuff because the Cayenne really is a great vehicle.

On my car, some brain-dead twit owned it before me and it took me about 5 to 7 days of ownership to find out that everything was f'd up and that the previous owner was too lazy or dumb to figure it out. I hadn't done my homework ahead of time as to what to look for, and I did not shake out my car ahead of time (i.e. have a one week test drive).

Everything has been fixed under warranty and I am as happy as a clam. Besides the fact that your car is an '05 and presumably slightly better, hopefully the previous owner had a proper seat of the pants and the requisite brain cells.

This forum is, well, a "curious" place, but it is the place to find answers and maybe even some sympathy. You know that little icon where the guy is eating popcorn? If you post a question and you see that as a response (with no other verbiage), you know that you have really awakened the place, stirring the residents from their siestas. A gold star for you when that happens.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Boeing 717

Received 263 Likes on 158 Posts

Congrats Pro..... hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours. Give me some details on that clear film. Whered you get it and did you apply it yourself???
Old 12-10-2009, 11:25 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HD2pct
Congrats on your choice. It is exciting stuff because the Cayenne really is a great vehicle.

On my car, some brain-dead twit owned it before me and it took me about 5 to 7 days of ownership to find out that everything was f'd up and that the previous owner was too lazy or dumb to figure it out. I hadn't done my homework ahead of time as to what to look for, and I did not shake out my car ahead of time (i.e. have a one week test drive).

Everything has been fixed under warranty and I am as happy as a clam. Besides the fact that your car is an '05 and presumably slightly better, hopefully the previous owner had a proper seat of the pants and the requisite brain cells.

This forum is, well, a "curious" place, but it is the place to find answers and maybe even some sympathy. You know that little icon where the guy is eating popcorn? If you post a question and you see that as a response (with no other verbiage), you know that you have really awakened the place, stirring the residents from their siestas. A gold star for you when that happens.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:42 AM
profusion
Advanced

Originally Posted by ltc
yes i did it!

as far as the 3m film go, i bought it at ebay and it came pre-cut. i did the work myself but still had to trim it a little bit. it is much easier to install it when it's warmer out. it makes the film easier to handle. just remember to take your time and dont be afraid to use lots of soap and water solution. if the film folds when you are trying to squeegee the water out, heat the fold up with a hair dryer and it will unfold by itself. ebay also has some clear film for about 30 shipped. its not as good as the 3m but it does a decent job protecting your paint from rock chips. it's also a good film to practice on. if you made a mistake, you are only out $30 instead of a couple hundred dollars.

i'm taking the P!G to stealer this saturday for some warranty work and also a high speed balancing.

Quick Reply: Very Excited!!! Picking up my Cayenne S tomorrow