Dutch you were warned as i recall
Really? Anyone we know?
Old 11-15-2009, 11:00 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

BTW, before he died, Larry was very satisfied that he and the P!g had come to an agreement.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I had an 04 CTT very fast, great towing capacity and a practical daily comfy car...but it did not handle like a sport car.kinda boring...Porsche clearely has fixed this problem with the CTT S (my second Cayenne) It is truely an impressive sport car with all the capabilities of a practical truck... I have taken on/off ramps at insane velocities in this truck with 4 passengers in it, it remains glued to the black top just like a 911, and will stop on a dime...I will never own any other truck and truely think it is worth every penny.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:29 PM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ITS A DR JEKYL AND MISS PIGGY THING.
04 CS 95k mi.
Yea it hauls....... A$$, not stuff. kinda tight for an SUV. Tows well.
not a real truck but not a car........its like a tall carrera.
she's fun to play. good in the winter.
I guess ya gotta take the good with the bad.
I have done the coils and driveshaft already and
I am doin the front diff , coolant tubes and starter in the next 2 weeks.
Im nekkid so out come the wrenches and the checkbook.
really pissin me off lately.
but the smiles come out when she gets spanked!!!

Last edited by SCOTITUDE; 11-16-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:41 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't regret my (second) P!g S. It kicks a$$ even if everything breaks. Frankly, it's a typical German vehicle.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Took mine to Porsche Palooza in the Ozarks of N. AR this past w/e, had a blast. Drove AR 7 and AR 23 in addition to one of the spirited drives at the event. Those roads were a blast. Doesn't handle like a 911 but does DAMN well for it's size. Spent most of my time on those roads in manual mode, it was fun. Like others have said, it doesn't have the interior room that many SUV's have but it performs/handles better than any of them, just depends on what you're looking for.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:47 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wirunner
I don't regret my (second) P!g S. It kicks a$$ even if everything breaks. Frankly, it's a typical German vehicle.
2nd P!g?
What about your first P!g?
Old 11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
wirunner
Pro

Originally Posted by ltc
2nd P!g?
What about your first P!g?
p!g under warranty = love
nekkid p!g = hate

The 06 does drive better but the build quality is the same. It's in the shop right now!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very happy except the gas mileage.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't get a V6. It's a gutless wonder. V8 is the way to go. A used one can be had at a decent price. No regrets, only minor frustrations, with my '03 CTT. Still looks new.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Very happy with the 2 I have. I prefer my CTT, but I have to say that my CS is very smooth and a pleasure to drive too. I guess I would not have bought 2

But I also have to say that it doesn't matter what year, or CTTS, it is no 911. It is just too heavy, and the center of gravity makes it still feel big. It is the closest to a sports car that you can get in a SUV however.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
DUTCH Vanatlanta

Rennlist Member

Default Interesting Comparisons

My 2010 Transsyberia is in for service to address some issues, and I'm driving a 2010 6cyl Cayenne with standard (non-air) suspension as a Service Loaner.

1.) While the drive train in this 6 cylinder TipTronic loaner does not have the giddayup and go of the GTS TipTronic in the Transsy, it is far smoother shifting through the gears when accelerating. The Transsy has harder shift points and seems to stumble or judder under mild acceleration, especially in 4th gear. This loaner does this not at all.

2.) The Service Loaner also seems to be smoother when going over RR tracks and speed bumps, in spite of my having the Transsy's air suspension set to "Comfort".

3.) The Service Loaner also probably has standard seating, as opposed to the sports seats of the Transsy; and it feels like there is a smidgen more room in the loaner. Related is the fact that after only 750 miles on the Transsy, the Alcantara seating surface of the driver's seat already has permanent creases.

4,) The standard leather wrapped steering wheel on the Loaner has a much better feel and grip than the Alcantara wrapped wheel on the Transsy.

Just some comparative observations.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:31 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I really like my manual GTS, but I still miss my LR3 and occassionally covet my wife's Range Rover. The manual GTS is never relaxing or coddles you. It has good room for the occupants, but less cargo room than my old WRX wagon. The truck is geared a tad low for my taste, especially in first and sixth gears.

That said, it handles unbelievably well with the air suspension and PDCC, even with 18" AT tires. Driving the LR3 or Range Rover from my house to the beach (Bolinas/Stinson - Marin) over serpentine twisty mountain roads was miserable. In the GTS it is a blast. Driving offroad in the LR3 and Range is very easy and composed. In the GTS, I get everywhere I did in the Land Rovers, but I definetly have to work harder and use more skill to compensate.

I do not regret the GTS in the slightest - however; as an amazing handling, manual, throaty V8, dual-range transmission equipped truck it is fabulous. It is the most anti-soccer mom SUV in existence, yet my wife looks really hot driving it. I look back fondly upon it in 10 years, when I'm driving my diesel/hybrid something or other.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
WayneE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH Vanatlanta
1.) While the drive train in this 6 cylinder TipTronic loaner does not have the giddayup and go of the GTS TipTronic in the Transsy, it is far smoother shifting through the gears when accelerating. The Transsy has harder shift points and seems to stumble or judder under mild acceleration, especially in 4th gear. This loaner does this not at all.

I noticed the stumble or judder when I drove a GTS auto before I bought my manual GTS. I assumed it was just the nature of the tuning/converter lockup. If you use manual mode, do you notice the problem?

When my GTS was in for service to correct my PDCC error, I had a new V6, too. The V6 was really underwhelming in the Cayenne. A heavy vehicle like this needs a lot more power.

2.) The Service Loaner also seems to be smoother when going over RR tracks and speed bumps, in spite of my having the Transsy's air suspension set to "Comfort".

What wheels tires on the V6 and your Cayenne? That could be a big part of the ride quality. The 21s + summer tires on my GTS are stiff, but it's a trade off I can live with for the handling.

3.) The Service Loaner also probably has standard seating, as opposed to the sports seats of the Transsy; and it feels like there is a smidgen more room in the loaner. Related is the fact that after only 750 miles on the Transsy, the Alcantara seating surface of the driver's seat already has permanent creases.

I have almost 9k miles on my GTS already and no issues with the wear on the seats. They are tight, but I have done a nearly 600 mile day in them without major pain.

Did you test drive a Cayenne TransSyberia before you purchased?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

It's no 911 but it is a Porsche. *waiting for ltc to chime in here with # of parts stamped VW* It handles and brakes better than any SUV out there. I will get another one when I go out of warranty.

Quick Reply: How satisfied are you with your Cayenne