Sponsored by:

Any Dealers Who Will Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:07 PM
DUTCH Vanatlanta

Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Dealers Who Will Deal?

Mods, if this is not appropriate, please feel free to hit the delete button.

Can anyone recommend a dealer who is willing to do some dealing to make a sale? In the past, I have flown to Dallas twice from Atlanta to do a better deal than I could from local car dealers; and I'm certainly willing to do it again or even further for the right deal on a Transsyberia.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would suggest contacting RL Member/Sponsor 'Alfie'

https://rennlist.com/forums/members/9972-alfie.html
Old 06-08-2009, 06:48 PM
ricster
Banned

check your pm box
Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM
DUTCH Vanatlanta

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ricster
check your pm box
Nothing there.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:56 PM
DUTCH Vanatlanta

Rennlist Member

Default Pulled The Trigger

I pulled the trigger on a December build for the Transsyberia. As opposed to the way most of the Transsybs are currently being ordered as street puffs, this one will be set up for off road use with the 18" wheels, Dynamic Chassis Control and Off Road Technology Package.

I ended up placing the order with a local dealer, but came very close to making the buy from Alfie at Ira Porsche in Danvers, MA - a sponsor of Rennlist. Alfie negotiated with honesty and integrity, which really impressed me compared to many other car dealers. My local dealer did not get all the way to Alfie's offer on a $$ value; but was close enough when considering I would have had to fly to Boston and drive back to Atlanta in late January or early February - not a pleasant wintery proposition

What impressed me most about Alfie was his dignified and gentlemanly response when I advised him that I was going to buy elsewhere. He thanked me for the opportunity to work with me, gave me a friendly wish for the best and offered assistance at any time that he could do so in the future. That is a real gentleman; and I wish he were closer to Atlanta so I could work with him. He is a very good representative of and credit to the Porsche brand.

By contrast was the response I got from the other Porsche dealer in Atlanta where I did not make my final deal. When he found out he didn't get the order, that salesman pitched a hissy fit on the telephone and hung up on me. He followed it up with a sarcastic and less than friendly email. Not a nice guy!

This marque change will be a biggie for me. I've been driving an MB for 37 years - 25 yrs of which have been behind the wheels of two different Gwagens. It should be interesting. The coming 6-8 months wait until delivery will probably go by very slowly.

Again, thank you Alfie for your honorable actions on my behalf. I'd recommend anyone to contact you if they're in the market for a Porsche.

Happy Trails!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:02 PM
mstams
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mind posting your complete specs? I'm curious to see what you ordered...
Old 06-13-2009, 08:44 PM
DUTCH Vanatlanta

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mstams
Mind posting your complete specs? I'm curious to see what you ordered...
Cayenne S Transsyberia

9Q, 6FM, TR, PO4, PF2, QV4, OAW, 1D6, 1N3, 3FE, PC3, PJ1, PT2, 1G3
Old 06-14-2009, 02:18 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH Vanatlanta
I pulled the trigger on a December build for the Transsyberia. As opposed to the way most of the Transsybs are currently being ordered as street puffs, this one will be set up for off road use with the 18" wheels, Dynamic Chassis Control and Off Road Technology Package.

I ended up placing the order with a local dealer, but came very close to making the buy from Alfie at Ira Porsche in Danvers, MA - a sponsor of Rennlist. Alfie negotiated with honesty and integrity, which really impressed me compared to many other car dealers. My local dealer did not get all the way to Alfie's offer on a $$ value; but was close enough when considering I would have had to fly to Boston and drive back to Atlanta in late January or early February - not a pleasant wintery proposition

What impressed me most about Alfie was his dignified and gentlemanly response when I advised him that I was going to buy elsewhere. He thanked me for the opportunity to work with me, gave me a friendly wish for the best and offered assistance at any time that he could do so in the future. That is a real gentleman; and I wish he were closer to Atlanta so I could work with him. He is a very good representative of and credit to the Porsche brand.

By contrast was the response I got from the other Porsche dealer in Atlanta where I did not make my final deal. When he found out he didn't get the order, that salesman pitched a hissy fit on the telephone and hung up on me. He followed it up with a sarcastic and less than friendly email. Not a nice guy!

This marque change will be a biggie for me. I've been driving an MB for 37 years - 25 yrs of which have been behind the wheels of two different Gwagens. It should be interesting. The coming 6-8 months wait until delivery will probably go by very slowly.

Again, thank you Alfie for your honorable actions on my behalf. I'd recommend anyone to contact you if they're in the market for a Porsche.

Happy Trails!
+1 for Alfie, he is in a class of one.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:50 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I, too, tried dealing with the Atlanta area dealers. Needless to say, I got my car elsewhere. I would like to see the pics when it arrives!!! i had an 04 S and I still miss it. I will get another Cayenne someday, but now I have GX 470 which I love!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:55 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Dutch
Old 06-15-2009, 12:17 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Congratulations, I am very envious, and very happy to see that you are equipping it appropriately. Post what tires/size you end up placing on the Trassy. Currently, I think you are limited to the Pireli ATR, Toyo Open Country, and General AT2. I currently am running 30.5" Yoko A/T-S's on my LR3, and find them to be amazing competent on/offroad, but that may be too tall for the Cayenne?

Also curious, does the protective undertray delete all of the plastic dangly bits in the front?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:44 PM
DUTCH Vanatlanta

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bgsntth
Congratulations, I am very envious, and very happy to see that you are equipping it appropriately. Post what tires/size you end up placing on the Trassy. Currently, I think you are limited to the Pireli ATR, Toyo Open Country, and General AT2. I currently am running 30.5" Yoko A/T-S's on my LR3, and find them to be amazing competent on/offroad, but that may be too tall for the Cayenne?

Also curious, does the protective undertray delete all of the plastic dangly bits in the front?
No idea about the dangly bits.

I probably won't change tires until those from the factory wear out; and I'll have a 5 tire rotation, since I'm getting the full sized spare with the rear mount.

I have those Yokos on my G500 in 16"; and they are absolutely great! Excellent grip and not bad noise. If I can get a compatible size for the Transsyb, I'll probably go that way. A friend who has one says you can program up to a 285/60.

Quick Reply: Any Dealers Who Will Deal?