Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Larry's Rolling Over in His Grave Right About Now.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 07:08 PM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very Nice !
Old 06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Shrews
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, I was going to call on that GTS today! enjoy
Old 06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Very nice pepper there toby so, so far you don't miss the turbo pepper??? once again very beautiful !!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

Costas, it's interesting. The gearing in the manual version of the GTS makes the engine and driving experience very interesting. Lots of power all through the RPM range. I don't think I'll miss the Turbo too much. I'm down 42 horses from the Turbo, but the capabilities from the DFI motor coupled with the Sport mode and PDCC make this a VERY FUN car to drive. And I know I won't miss the DME deciding when to shift based on its "learning" patterns.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:56 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toby.. Toby..

I ventured back into the entrepreneurial world vs. consulting and thus have had precious few moments to relax and read the lastest adventures of Larry and his motley crew here. So, today... totally on a lark (just now, I hit favorites) and what do I see???? that you have once again lowered yourself onto the altar of Dr. W. Congrats. Looks great and would really turn heads down here where the Crimson Tide Roll.

Will only say that you can absolutely get yourself a steal on a 996 and get a 2 year - 50K Porsche Ext. Warranty that is pretty much bumper to bumper - so don't limit yourself to just the GTS! I finally got a 911 back in December.. kicking myself for not having 2 Porsches in the driveway 5 years ago. I must admit however that the Pig is more often the Garage Queen and the Targa is a daily. I was going to take the Cayenne up to Nashville tonight (3+ hours)because I've got a minor issue with a front strut or something.. but thought ... since I'm by myself.. long stretches of road.. 996T wins! Still love the Cayenne however, it hauled a bunch of office furniture this week-end!

Larry.. Larry.. put the gun down.. you can't kill yourself twice..... or can you?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:02 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Interesting all tho I never drove a 6 speed manual pepper I just thought it would be to be of a car to "enjoy" in that sense of shifting but yes have to agree with you about shifting when YOU what too.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Hawt! Hawt colour too!

The GTS 6-speed is an interesting vehicle, like driving a bigger BMW E39 M5. The only complaint I have is that 1st gear is VERY short so in some instances I started in second gear.

Enjoy-- it looks beautiful.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:04 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet Pig Toby!

I bet it must be a great feeling to shift through all that torque in such a big vehicle!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. Zack, you are correct.... 1st gear is VERY short and takes some adjustment. I really like the color because it reminds me of Arena Red on the 993 Twin Turbo. medtech, yes, the interaction of the DFI engine, the PDCC, the tranny and Sport mode all make for a VERY interesting drive.

I also got my mObridge Bluetooth installed today. Great setup and sounds very good according to the spouse. I *do* want to talk to the mObridge guys about Voice Dialing. THAT will be the ticket!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
I also got my mObridge Bluetooth installed today. Great setup and sounds very good according to the spouse. I *do* want to talk to the mObridge guys about Voice Dialing. THAT will be the ticket!
You mean like in my lowly Ford Escape Hybrid?

Voice activated everything...audio, phone, NAV, USB, aux analog audio in, built in HDD jukebox, touchscreen...however, it does come with a price....powered by Microsoft.

BTW, please don't mention Arena Red and Cayenne in the same sentence...it just seems wrong.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
sigs
Racer

Very nice, Toby. Will be looking for you and that ARENA RED CAYENNE around town.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
You mean like in my lowly Ford Escape Hybrid?
Voice activated everything...audio, phone, NAV, USB, aux analog audio in, built in HDD jukebox, touchscreen...however, it does come with a price....powered by Microsoft.
Yep, I aspire to have a Ford Escape someday just so I can get *Microsoft* Sync. NOT! I have to deal with the Redmond DUH-lards enough as it is. I don't need them in my car too!

Originally Posted by ltc
BTW, please don't mention Arena Red and Cayenne in the same sentence...it just seems wrong.
Oh come Lewis. You *KNOW* you are secretly coveting one of these vehicles!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:31 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The manual is a complete hooligan mobile; and I do find myself starting in second gear, as I was taught too on the Ranch 4x4's in the 70's with the granny gear. I also wish for an overdrive 6th. The benefit, of course, is there is instant power at any time in any gear.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep, I aspire to have a Ford Escape someday just so I can get *Microsoft* Sync. NOT! I have to deal with the Redmond DUH-lards enough as it is. I don't need them in my car too!
Yes, I am waiting for a trip to the dealer to install a 'service pack'...so far I can do all the upgrades myself via USB memory key and downloaded updates from the website.
So far, so good. Typical Windows latency, but not too bad. It's too bad MOST headunits are still a bit behind the curve, but that is Becker.

Oh come Lewis. You *KNOW* you are secretly coveting one of these vehicles!
Even if I was, you know I could never admit it...I wouldn't be able to look Larry's tombstone in the face ever again.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Mine is the same "area red" color but slightly dark or it could just be the pics anyhow nice car!!

Quick Reply: Larry's Rolling Over in His Grave Right About Now.......