Sponsored by:

PCM 2.1 Mobridge error and phone button update

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:29 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default PCM 2.1 Mobridge error and phone button update

I have a 2005 CTT with PCM 2.1 (dvd). I decided to have a mobridge blue tooth/ipod and sirius added (as well as rear back up camera). I had them all installed by a mobridge recommended installer. My story is about the mobridge unit.
The installer did not realize I did not have phone buttons on my PCM unit, but had already installed the unit. The blue tooth worked fine with my phone ... I could call out and recieve calls using my phone and hear it over the speakers ... and talk over mobridge mic. All controlls however were using the actual phone itself. OK so that was problem #1.
Also I would get a CDC error every once in a while on the PCM. I know this has been discussed many times.
I decided to get a newer PCM with phone
buttons on ebay.
I pulled the old ocm unit out and out the new one in myself. About a 5 minute job. Be carefull taking off the outer moding around the radio. Easy to take off ... but also easy to break.
I am all ready to go with the new PCM with radio buttons. I turn it all on ... and:

-I got a new compass in my instrument cluster

-I got a phone error
Turns out that the person that had the PCM before me had the factory phone option. So the error would come up every time I turned on the PCM ... easy to temporarily bypass ... but non the less annoying.
-I got a CDC error code. I occasionally got this with my old PCM. I know this has been discussed in the past.

How I got it all worked out?

-Have the dealer reprogram with PIWIS
-turn off factory phone option (disable factory phone) ... mobridge blue tooth works perfectly with this turned off. All phone functions work!

The CDC error is corrected by:
when the factory phone is disabled it leaves an additional section to ADD an additional CD player. Lets say #4 was used for the factory phone .. but when you disable it .. it leaves that number empty. Add CD to that number, as well as the existing CD in say #3. So the PCM will look for 2 cd players.

I have no more errors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumper :
Old 05-26-2009, 08:50 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks for posting. Which dealer did the programming? I am in Orange County, NY. Also, how much was the PCM with the tel buttoms>
Old 05-26-2009, 09:00 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Jack Daniels in Nanuet. They were great!!
I got mine on ebay for 1750, and sold the old one for 1550.
By the way I ended up selling my wheels on ebay to a local person as well. I think you had been talking to me abut them.
AA
Old 05-26-2009, 09:07 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraCup03
Jack Daniels in Nanuet. They were great!!
I got mine on ebay for 1750, and sold the old one for 1550.
By the way I ended up selling my wheels on ebay to a local person as well. I think you had been talking to me abut them.
AA
Glad to hear about the wheels. It was a great deal. That is the dealer I usually go to. They were Prestige and now they turned into Jack Daniels. How much did they charge you to program the PCM. Good deal on the PCM too, do they have more?

Thanks for all the info!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

It was just a random guy on ebay with the PCM .. but they are always for sale .. and you can just sell your old one. They did not charge me much .. like $60. But I had a service at the same time. The guys that have worked on my race cars recommended them. I went to 2 more local dealers .. and was unhappy. These guys were terrific ... and knowledgeable!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have no more errors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumper :
There is someting about "!" and together in the Cayenne forum that I find distressing
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 AM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Still luv u lewis. I hope all is well.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

It was just a random guy on ebay with the PCM .. but they are always for sale .. and you can just sell your old one. They did not charge me much .. like $60. But I had a service at the same time. The guys that have worked on my race cars recommended them. I went to 2 more local dealers .. and was unhappy. These guys were terrific ... and knowledgeable!!!
Thanks Andy. I will go there.

Quick Reply: PCM 2.1 Mobridge error and phone button update