Sponsored by:

mObridge Issue with PIWIS

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:03 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mObridge Issue with PIWIS

I have the CDR-23 HU with mObridge installed. Recently had a situation where dealer could not communicate with car, they said because of the mObridge. Actually, they were able to get as far as "CD changer not installed". They either couldn't or wouldn't take the time to properly get the mObridge into bypass mode, so I have no resolution of whether my amp was bad, though I an $109.00 poorer. Has anyone else with mObridge installed experienced this issue at the dealer where they couldn't use PIWIS to diagnosis an issue? Mudman, we have spoken so I know how you solved the issue. Unfortunately that solution did not work for me. Interested to hear other stories before I take the car back.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:23 PM
scott cairncross
6th Gear

The purpose of the switch mobridge comes with is to bypass the mobridge as it akes it out of the loop so the dealer can program... If you didnt switch the switch before you gave them the car then the solution would be to switch the switch before you take the car to the dealer.... What is the problem with the car?

Scott
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by scott cairncross
The purpose of the switch mobridge comes with is to bypass the mobridge as it akes it out of the loop so the dealer can program... If you didnt switch the switch before you gave them the car then the solution would be to switch the switch before you take the car to the dealer.... What is the problem with the car?

Scott
Tried the bypass switch to no avail. I have no sound, and I think (hope) it is just the Bose amp. Swapping out the Bose amp this weekend.

Quick Reply: mObridge Issue with PIWIS