Sponsored by:

New to the site. 04 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:04 PM
misterkye
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site. 04 Cayenne S

Hi guys, I'm a new member on these boards and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Mike and I just got a 04 Cayenne S as a birthday present. It was my sister's, she never took the best care for it, but at least it's low on mileage. I had just purchased an 08 VW Touareg less than a year ago and needless to say, after receiving my "birthday present" the Touareg was out of the garage and onto my friends dealership lot. The reason for the switch was simple, its a Porsche, and it's got some nice aftermarket parts available for it (wish I could say the same for the Touareg).

Anyway, I just did my first mod last night. I installed HID fogs but I'm not 100% sold. They're bright as hell, but personally after figuring out that I could have opted for the yellow hid fogs, I think I'm going to have to make the switch. I just love how the Porsche Le Mans cars have the yellow hids for low beams! I attached pictures of the comparisons.

The car's going in for the 60k mile service next weekend. I'm taking it to RSS in Costa Mesa, CA. They're going to perform the service, as well as install the Cargraphic 2ndary bypass pipes, and the bmc filters.

What I have planned for the Cayenne S:
- KW V3 coilovers
- 19" or 20" wheels w/ step lip (haven't figured out which wheels, but I know I want mesh or 5 spoke w/ a step lip); and if you're saying why 19's? it's cuz i like to drive my cars rough, therefor i love having big tires
- paint the lowers and add the stainless skid plates
- once thats all done, i'm taking the cayenne to my detailer, to bring back the showroom finish inside/out
Attached Images    
Old 05-08-2009, 04:15 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An 04 with 60k miles? Sounds perfect...

Welcome to the Pig Pen.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Another option would be to order some yellow film (kit) from www.xpel.com for the fog lights.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 938 Posts

Welcome and happy birthday.

I like the yellow better on the fogs. Have fun with the mods - it sounds like you've planned them well...
Old 05-08-2009, 05:47 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Hmmn, chicken ...
Old 05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

We've had quite a good supply of chicken this week...
Old 05-08-2009, 06:58 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Recommended CS Mods.!

Yellow film? Larry Please!

I agree with adding the front SS skid plate (I have one and it looks very nice - plus gives that area some needed added protection from highway / off road debris.

You should also get the clear side markers = very sharp!

Instead of painting the lower black rubber areas, I added the black wheel arch protective mouldings that give it a very nice OEM uniform look (a lot cheaper than paint and keeps the sharper original Beta 955 S style IMHO).

Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ljugete
You should also get the clear side markers = very sharp!
+1 on clear side markers!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ljugete
Yellow film? Larry Please!
Yes, yellow film on the fogs...which is what he was looking for.
AFAIK, it is legal to have yellow fog (technically I guess since they're yellow they would be rain) lights and Xpel does make protection film precut and in various colors.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 PM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Renn 951
+1 on clear side markers!
Agree 100%

Frankly, if you don't have clear side markers, it shows that you are a rank amateur with no clue.

Now it is possible that these people just love the color "orange", but in that case, it seems that they should be driving VW cabrios.

It is by far the best upgrade for the money.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:39 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HD2pct
Agree 100%

Frankly, if you don't have clear side markers, it shows that you are a rank amateur with no clue.

Now it is possible that these people just love the color "orange", but in that case, it seems that they should be driving VW cabrios.

It is by far the best upgrade for the money.
I put clear side markers on my 04. Honestly, I like the amber ones better. I felt it looked goofy (granted beta was lapis blue). The clear side markers only looked better at night when they were on (with amber bulbs of course). I'm keeping the 06 original - not worth the effort IMHO.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by HD2pct
Agree 100%

Coming from someone with a Volvo....what is that expression "People in glass houses....)
Old 05-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

I left the pumpkins on my Cayenne. To me, it didn't matter as much on that vehicle as it did on the 911. I changed them on the 911 as soon as I got it.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:32 PM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Coming from someone with a Volvo....what is that expression "People in glass houses....)
Hey man it's not my choice. My wife had it narrowed down to an A4, a G35, and that damned Volvo. I told her one Saturday to go ahead and go around by herself and look and drive some more and if it felt right, make a deal.

When she came home, I was not a happy camper. Still looking for an excuse to get rid of it. Major torque steer. Plus it sits there and smokes the fronts no matter what tires are on it - and this is with very modest horsepower. I don't recommend it. Although it is pretty comfortable I guess.

And you can't blame me on that TT either - my wife just loved that car from the time it came out, and it was a gift for her. I would have gotten a Boxter in a New York Minute if I had my say! Actually a TT *is* a very good "chick" car.

Last edited by HD2pct; 05-09-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Lapis blue here too; had to get clear lenses. However to stay legal, they cover amber bulbs.
Welcome Misterkye

Quick Reply: New to the site. 04 Cayenne S