Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Brake Job

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 04:14 PM
aussie_bob
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front pads and sensors replaced....

The ALLDATAdiy worked well and was good value even if I only used it once.

The only drama was I had to use a rubber mallot to get the caliers off and slide up the holding rails ... not sure why but I suspect it was the pads going over the lip of the rotor which was marginally higher where the pads don't touch.

Info says it take 124 miles to get them worn in ... Thanks for the help.

Not sure if you can see the snaps but the holder tools made all the difference and the triple-square bolts came off easy with an 18 inch bar.

Back brakes next but I assume the front wear out sooner ?
Attached Images   
Old 02-04-2017, 06:21 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Looks good! Glad to see AllData was helpful. As to your question - that has been my experience. It appears that the rears will last perhaps 2x as long as the front pads.

And glad to see nice new bolts holding the calipers on.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:42 PM
aussie_bob
Intermediate

Now doing the oil and it did not go well. Does anyone where I go to Cayenne DIY oil change discussion ?
1. the drain plug and washer are new but I have difficulty getting it to seal .. at 22ft-lb .. occasional drop per hour.
2. Could no get the top off the oil filter holder ... did not want to break it ... and referencing AlldataDIY, there appears to be a bracket missing on the left side looking from the front. Will contact dealer ?
3. Oil level sensor took some time to "calibrate" ... but now indicates full.

I will re-post this on an appropriate thread.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:57 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie_bob
Now doing the oil and it did not go well. Does anyone where I go to Cayenne DIY oil change discussion ?
1. the drain plug and washer are new but I have difficulty getting it to seal .. at 22ft-lb .. occasional drop per hour.
2. Could no get the top off the oil filter holder ... did not want to break it ... and referencing AlldataDIY, there appears to be a bracket missing on the left side looking from the front. Will contact dealer ?
3. Oil level sensor took some time to "calibrate" ... but now indicates full.

I will re-post this on an appropriate thread.

Thanks in Advance.
A dealership in NJ did the first two oil changes on my 16 CD. They had overtightened the drain bolt and oil had dripped and undercoated all the parts around the oil pan.

Same thing happened to my 2012 TDI Touareg, the first two different dealers had overtightened the drain bolt and both a new drain bolt and crush washer was not the solution.

The solution was an EcoPlug: http://ecoplugsystem.com/

All I need to do is tighten a pair of vice-grips on the plug, wiggle it back and forth a little and it comes out and no leak whatsoever. Thank goodness for their invention.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:20 PM
aussie_bob
Intermediate

Got the 32 MM socket that made the job easier of getting the oil filter container top off ... new filter and "O" ring now.

Only thing left is the slight leak from the sump drain plug that I don't understand .
Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2017, 07:25 PM
aussie_bob
Intermediate

I also noticed the bracket highlighted in yellow is missing ... I notice it missing in some Youtube video's ... I assume if is either missing or a spec change after the drawing as not required ? Any comments from other CD owners ?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cayenne Brake Job