Sponsored by:

Navigation DVDs PCM 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 07:24 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Navigation DVDs PCM 2.1

So my new-to-me-06 CS with PCM was missing the navigation DVD (can't go anywhere without it saying "Please insert navigation CD") and the dealer order me a new one, which I just picked up (service was already closed).

Of course it came in a nice package with no instructions and a note that said "Not for consumer installation". There are three discs:

1 - PCM 2.1 DVD-Navigation America
2 - PCM 2.1 Multimedia Update CD Cayenne
3 - PCM 2.1 Multimedia Update CD Navigation MY08

I assume the first one fixes my problem above, but can I load in either #2 or #3. What is this multimedia update? Is it really a dealer only install? Thanks -Brett
Old 04-10-2009, 08:11 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The fun thing about in vehicle firmware updates is that if you interrupt the process and/or voltage, you can turn the modules into bricks.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 PM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wirunner
So my new-to-me-06 CS with PCM was missing the navigation DVD (can't go anywhere without it saying "Please insert navigation CD") and the dealer order me a new one, which I just picked up (service was already closed).

Of course it came in a nice package with no instructions and a note that said "Not for consumer installation". There are three discs:

1 - PCM 2.1 DVD-Navigation America
2 - PCM 2.1 Multimedia Update CD Cayenne
3 - PCM 2.1 Multimedia Update CD Navigation MY08

I assume the first one fixes my problem above, but can I load in either #2 or #3. What is this multimedia update? Is it really a dealer only install? Thanks -Brett
Put in the update CD and let it install the version update, assuming it needs to. If you took it to the dealer they would do the same thing.

Although "Larry's" response had nothing to do with your question, he is certainly correct - make sure you don't lose power during the process. Do it with the engine running. It shouldn't take long, though.

Although I haven't done your exact one, I would load #2 first and then insert #3, and #3 may not do anything because it may sense that the version update is already done.

Quick Reply: Navigation DVDs PCM 2.1