Sponsored by:

will this void my warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 03:26 PM
immacul8cs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will this void my warranty

as you know i am hearing unusual noises from engine bay and my vehicle is going in on monday under warranty.......

i decided to pull the coils and see if they are damaged and yes---they are all cracked----

will the dealer void my warranty if i tell them that i pulled the coils and they are cracked and they may try to put the engine noise down to me messing around with the coils
Old 01-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Jetpilot
Racer

Prolly not. Depends how good of a relationship you have with your service advisor. I do stuff like this all the time. Call him first to and run your story past him. He might tell you to put it all back together and bring it in. If not - put it back together and take it in and do not call them.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:13 PM
immacul8cs
Advanced

sorry for mis communication-----the coils are all put back as before-----i just took them out to see if they were damaged and yes they are-----i am thinking that is what is causing these strange noises in the engine---
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=jKpGNIkV5MQ
Old 01-18-2009, 04:04 PM
cayenne-kimo
Intermediate

You can get the set for $120 from suncoast and install them yourself. This sounds like normal wear and tear to me. How many miles are on your cayenne?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:36 PM
ozr
Racer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by immacul8cs
will the dealer void my warranty if i tell them that i pulled the coils and they are cracked and they may try to put the engine noise down to me messing around with the coils
...absolutely NOT...

Just tell them, where the problem source may be and let them work on it...

If you get ANY negative, defensive/evasive reaction from the dealer...leave at once...find another dealer...

OZRacing

Quick Reply: will this void my warranty