Sponsored by:

Cayenne gets cold and starts pi$$ing all over itself

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cayenne gets cold and starts pi$$ing all over itself

Our Cayenne is squirting windshield wiper fluid down the inside of passenger side footwell at the a-pillar. It happens when you try to squirt fluid on the rear window.

The sumemr fluid had frozen in the lines and I added winter fluid. I'm hoping this will resolve itself, but is there anything I should know?

Is my car self-destructing because I didn't use specially approved $20 per liter Porsche fluid...
Will I need to replace this lines because I let sme water freeze in them...
Some other completely crazy Cayenne eccentricity...

I'm asking because sometimes stuff that seems simple with this car doesn't turn out to be so simple.

Appreciate any and all feedback!

SnP
Old 12-18-2008, 08:04 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry I can't help here but the Cayenne is resembling the 928 in so many ways its frightening.

The 928 had its eccentricities, too. :sigh:
Old 12-18-2008, 09:04 PM
cayenne-kimo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took mine in for windshield wash leaking under the left headlight. It was a cracked line which the dealer replaced under warranty. Yours may be the same thing. Take it to the dealer to get it fixed unless you're out of warranty.

Last edited by cayenne-kimo; 12-26-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott C
Sorry I can't help here but the Cayenne is resembling the 928 in so many ways its frightening.

The 928 had its eccentricities, too. :sigh:
I'd rather have a 928 than a Cayenne...anyday.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:14 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cayenne-kimo
I just took mine in for windshield wash leaking under the left headlight. It was a cracked line which the dealer replaced under warranty. Yours may be the dame thing. Take it to the dealer to get it fixed unless you're out of warranty.
I had the exact same problem. Passenger side.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:32 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I'd rather have a 928 than a Cayenne...anyday.
I need to have my head examined because I'm looking at 928s again... As much as I love the aircooled cars, the 928 is always the one I look back on with reverence......
Old 12-19-2008, 07:47 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott C
I need to have my head examined because I'm looking at 928s again... As much as I love the aircooled cars, the 928 is always the one I look back on with reverence......
No need for an exam.
I gave away my 95 968 Cab (39K, Polar Silver); there was something special about those front engine water pumpers......and of course none of it transferred over to the pig.
I've seen some very nice examples of 928's lately.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:58 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SnP
Our Cayenne is squirting windshield wiper fluid down the inside of passenger side footwell at the a-pillar. It happens when you try to squirt fluid on the rear window.

The sumemr fluid had frozen in the lines and I added winter fluid. I'm hoping this will resolve itself, but is there anything I should know?

Is my car self-destructing because I didn't use specially approved $20 per liter Porsche fluid...
Will I need to replace this lines because I let sme water freeze in them...
Some other completely crazy Cayenne eccentricity...

I'm asking because sometimes stuff that seems simple with this car doesn't turn out to be so simple.

Appreciate any and all feedback!

SnP
I would stop using the rear washers, the feed for the rear washers is in the a-pillar to the headliner, so you are soaking all of that in washer fluid. It probably cracked a line becasue the fluid froze, you maybe luck and it just pushed the connector apart. Whatever it is your going to have to pull the a-pillar cover to check it. I am not sure that piece can be ordered seperatly as it is actually part of the wiring harness. It would be easy to repair with a splice of rubber hose though.

Mark
Old 12-22-2008, 06:35 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys were right it was the line in the a-pillar.

I got lucky and the connector came apart rather than having a line crack so it was a quick and easy fix.

Was in and out at the dealer in less than an hour.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
pred8or
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenne-kimo
I just took mine in for windshield wash leaking under the left headlight. It was a cracked line which the dealer replaced under warranty. Yours may be the dame thing. Take it to the dealer to get it fixed unless you're out of warranty.
I have the same problem drivers side. Couldnt find it myself and it aint going to the stealer cause I am out of warranty. Glad its a common/known problem and will try to fix it again when it gets worse.

Quick Reply: Cayenne gets cold and starts pi$$ing all over itself