Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floormat Question (yes, floormat question)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:34 PM
joshmoney
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floormat Question (yes, floormat question)

My floormats have holes to attach them to the floor, but they just slide off the post that is on the floor. Is there some kind clip or something that I'm missing? I bought my car used, so I'm not sure if they took them off and forgot to put them back on or something.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't understand your question but yes you can order the floormat retainers, the ones in the mats come with new mats the ones in the floor can be ordered from the dealer.

There was a change in the style of the retainers, sounds like maybe a previous owner (?) got new mats but got the mats with the other style retainers? Just a guess...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:45 PM
glpellegrino
Intermediate

If they are like mine then you have to press the mat down firmly on the retention post and then you will see that the top of the retention post twists to form a T. I could see how if you never saw them installed correctly it isn't apparent how they work because the mat doesn't sit low enough without pressing down.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 905 Posts

Sometimes you have to push down pretty hard before you can twist the post, yes...
Old 12-14-2008, 05:25 PM
joshmoney
AutoX

Here's a pic of my mats. I should of done this at first. Anyways, you can see the round thing in the middle. The plastic part on the mat just slides off, so the mat just moves around. Am I missing a part or is the plastic part on the mat just wore out? It does it on all the mats.

Last edited by joshmoney; 12-14-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: I need to vacuum my car, eh?
Old 12-14-2008, 05:50 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joshmoney
Here's a pic of my mats. I should of done this at first. Anyways, you can see the round thing in the middle. The plastic part on the mat just slides off, so the mat just moves around. Am I missing a part or is the plastic part on the mat just wore out? It does it on all the mats.
Your male part in the pic doesn't have the "twist thing-ee" (sorry for the exteme use of technical terms, I'm an engineer) to secure the mat. I can only imagine what Porsche would charge for that to be replaced. Unless there is an alternative attachment method, your "male" needs to have a cross piece that then pivots 90 degrees to hold the mat down. However, I've noticed of late that my pivot arm continues to move back to the overlay position and my mat scoots around sometimes. I'll take a pic of what it should look like shortly and repost here, I have to get some things out of my car since I was Christams shopping.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The pieces aren't TOO expensive except when you consider they're just plastic bits...

I replaced the tan floormats in my Pepper with black mats, when I did that the tan attachment pieces stood out like sore thumbs. So, I ordered and replaced the replacement parts in black from Sunset. If I can locate the invoice I'll post the info but I think mine are the other style anyhow so it wouldn't do you much good. However, the parts can be purchased and they're not too expensive.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

I think there was an older version of the posts that looks like what you have in the photo. That appears to be old style round posts with new style oval holes.

As Bill said, you can probably order new round fittings for your mats, or possibly new oval posts.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:02 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread is hereby presented the Silver Medal for most boring post in Cayenne forum history......joining the Gold Medal winner (The Infamous Laundry Rack post).

Congratulations.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
joshmoney
AutoX

Originally Posted by ltc
This thread is hereby presented the Silver Medal for most boring post in Cayenne forum history......joining the Gold Medal winner (The Infamous Laundry Rack post).

Congratulations.

I'd like to thank all the little people as I accept the award for most boring post. My next work will include the topic of dental floss flavors: cinnamon or mint?

But, thank you for the advice about the clips. I see on ebay they have some new beige ones for like 10 bucks.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by joshmoney
I'd like to thank all the little people as I accept the award for most boring post. My next work will include the topic of dental floss flavors: cinnamon or mint?
Whoa, settle down, you won the SILVER medal, you have a ways to go to have THE most boring post, trust me.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Whoa, settle down, you won the SILVER medal, you have a ways to go to have THE most boring post, trust me.
I would agree with that. I've made numerous posts about my lawnmower and not even received honorable mention.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
the head
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Funny thing is, I have the opposite problem with mine. The new mats I bought (carpet and rubber) have the round post type female buttons on them. I have the oval type that twists front and rear so I guess I'll have to order oval buttons for the carpets in front. What's weird is that the rear mats (carpet and rubber) came with the "correct" oval holes to accommodate the twist locks there.

Quick Reply: Floormat Question (yes, floormat question)