Sponsored by:

coolant distribution pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 02:38 AM
capt601
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant distribution pipe

had the CS in earlier in the year for an oil leak and while they were in the area had them replace the coolant pipes. This week we had another coolant leak underneath. Took it to the dealer, and they said the coolant distribution pipe is now leaking. Supposedly it is a cast iron piece just before the coolant pipes, and they have had to replace 5-10 of them this past year. Of course they are saying it is not a common problem from PCNA. But I have a call in to PCNA to try to get them to at least cover part of it.
anyone else had this pipe leak also? Seems pretty poor for a cast iron piece to start leaking on a 4 year old vehicle.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:46 PM
pred8or
Racer

I have not had this problem yet but others here have (99K on 2004CS in NH I believe it happens more in the hotter regions) . Should be able to find it on a search. Please keep us updated. The only leak I have is from the window washer fluid. Only leaks when full (very little) and drips onto the ground from under the drivers side headlight. Spooked me at first. Couldnt find it myself and dont want to pay someone (specially a dealer) to find it. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
cayenne-kimo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pred8or
I have not had this problem yet but others here have (99K on 2004CS in NH I believe it happens more in the hotter regions) . Should be able to find it on a search. Please keep us updated. The only leak I have is from the window washer fluid. Only leaks when full (very little) and drips onto the ground from under the drivers side headlight. Spooked me at first. Couldnt find it myself and dont want to pay someone (specially a dealer) to find it. Good luck.

I have the same washer fluid leak. The dealer said it's probably in the headlight washer area. I'm dropping it off with them this week.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:52 PM
pred8or
Racer

Originally Posted by cayenne-kimo
I have the same washer fluid leak. The dealer said it's probably in the headlight washer area. I'm dropping it off with them this week.
Let us know how you make out!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 12-16-2008, 11:10 AM
cayenne-kimo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pred8or
Let us know how you make out!
I forgot to mention that it will be covered under factory warranty. Thanks.

Quick Reply: coolant distribution pipe