Sponsored by:

Cayenne S, wife happy

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008 | 07:51 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Default Cayenne S, wife happy

Well, hello Cayennites!

We were looking for a replacement for our current "truck" and decided on a Cayenne.
Flew down to LA, drove it back. Nice.
Best part is it is still under warranty.

There sure are decent deals out there right now. Good time to buy.

Pic is from dealer, none of my own yet.
The dealer put the wheels/tires on it. We will likely change the look.
EDIT: hmm, I just realized the dealer also changed to clear indicators. I guess the pics were taken beforehand... Cool.
Attached Images  
Old 12-12-2008 | 08:16 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

congrats, and yes, always keep the wife happy.
Old 12-12-2008 | 11:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

997 Turbo wheels on a pig?
Perhaps the ugliest Porsche OEM wheel ever (OK, second ugliest...the 997 Lobster Claws take the gold medal).....but on second thought, on a Cayenne.....

And yes, welcome to the forum, blah, blah, yadayada......

Last edited by ltc; 12-12-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: added a warm Cayenne forum welcome for new swine
Old 12-13-2008 | 12:41 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Perhaps the ugliest Porsche OEM wheel ever (OK, second ugliest...the 997 Lobster Claws take the gold medal).....but on second thought, on a Cayenne.....

I've seen a few 997s with the Lobster Claws painted black that actually looked pretty good...
Old 12-13-2008 | 12:57 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I've seen a few 997s with the Lobster Claws painted black that actually looked pretty good...
No you haven't.
The only reason it looked 'pretty good'.....like 'sort of pregnant'....is that it was painted black so you couldn't see it.

With the lights off (and maybe some Barry White playing in the background), the Cayenne can easily be an attractive SUV.
Old 12-13-2008 | 12:26 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

These aren't just turbo wheels... these are 22" turbo wheels! Bigger is better, right?

Never really cared for the 997tt wheels either but wheels are a matter of opinion.
Anyhow, the search is on for a set of OEM wheels.
Thanks for the warm welcome, blah blah blah luv ya, bye.
Old 12-13-2008 | 04:07 PM
Beezr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Which LA dealer did you get it from?
Old 12-13-2008 | 04:54 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

you got yourself one super fast "truck", enjoy.
Sam
Old 12-13-2008 | 05:10 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
No you haven't.
The only reason it looked 'pretty good'.....like 'sort of pregnant'....is that it was painted black so you couldn't see it.

With the lights off (and maybe some Barry White playing in the background), the Cayenne can easily be an attractive SUV.
Maybe the black had something to do with it... but I still thought is looked pretty good.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Back in the day when Larry bought a Cayenne, he must not have thought it looked that bad...
Old 12-13-2008 | 10:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Back in the day when Larry bought a Cayenne, he must not have thought it looked that bad...
Percoset will do that to you.
Old 12-14-2008 | 12:00 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Percoset will do that to you.
Especially when used in conjunction by those suffering from severe cases of myopia ???
Old 12-14-2008 | 12:28 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by MarkD
These aren't just turbo wheels... these are 22" turbo wheels! Bigger is better, right?

Never really cared for the 997tt wheels either but wheels are a matter of opinion.
Anyhow, the search is on for a set of OEM wheels.
Thanks for the warm welcome, blah blah blah luv ya, bye.
Welcome to the club Mark, group hug, yada yada...

As for the wheels, what purpose are you looking for, summer, snow ect? The only OEM wheels I personally like on the Pepper are the 21" GTS, but they wouldn't be great for snow/winter tires but I wish they came in 20" since there's a bigger selection of 20" tires AND they're much cheaper. As you know, wheels are a matter of taste.

Of course check out Wheel Enhancement, they have pretty good prices on OEM wheels. I'm just hoping a Italian replica of the GTS will come out in the 20" size......

Edit: It looks like someone is now making/selling the 20" GTS style wheels, only problem is it looks like they may be the Chinese ones, not the Italian ones (I won't touch the Chinese wheels). Also they're the bright silver...

They're on ebay from a couple of sellers.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 12-14-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2008 | 05:29 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Especially when used in conjunction by those suffering from severe cases of myopia ???
Very nice, make fun of the legally blind guy in the forum.....I do however have fond memories of being 20/300...but that was a long time ago.
Old 12-14-2008 | 06:53 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Welcome to the club Mark, group hug, yada yada...

As for the wheels, what purpose are you looking for, summer, snow ect? The only OEM wheels I personally like on the Pepper are the 21" GTS, but they wouldn't be great for snow/winter tires but I wish they came in 20" since there's a bigger selection of 20" tires AND they're much cheaper. As you know, wheels are a matter of taste.

Of course check out Wheel Enhancement, they have pretty good prices on OEM wheels. I'm just hoping a Italian replica of the GTS will come out in the 20" size......

Edit: It looks like someone is now making/selling the 20" GTS style wheels, only problem is it looks like they may be the Chinese ones, not the Italian ones (I won't touch the Chinese wheels). Also they're the bright silver...

They're on ebay from a couple of sellers.
Thanks for the wheel info sir... won't be much snow use, if any. Maybe a trip to Oregon once a year but nothing serious.
I was thinking the sport techno copies might work (in 20"). I will check out the GTS wheels... probably seen them by now but too familiar with the Cayenne stuff yet.
Old 12-15-2008 | 10:22 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Hey Mark! I may be following along on your lead, given where the prices on these things have headed.......

Quick Reply: Cayenne S, wife happy