Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:34 PM
CO-rayman
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Cayenne D whistling noise from driver's side at highway speeds

Originally Posted by jy22
Bump.

Hi there, any solutions? We just picked up a 2014 Cayenne S. Whistling sound from driver's door at 65 miles and above. Improves with air recirculation. Dealer, 'Never heard of that happening. Can't replicate.' Really?!

It seem we just started having this problem around 20k miles on our 2013 Cayenne Diesel (or didn't notice it before which I highly doubt since we drive it at highway speeds all the time).

Anybody find a solution yet? It's pretty annoying since the car is otherwise very quiet.

I don't see anything around the driver's door that would cause this. It must be something with the air flow that changes pressure. We can only hear it on the driver's side and at or above 50 mph (really start to hear it at 60+ mph).

Scheduled to take it to the dealer next week. When I talked to the service manager he hadn't heard of it either. But, luckily it is very reproducible.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:46 PM
ZoomingBy
Intermediate

Had the same issue with my 2013 GTS - it was worst on colder days. The sound seem to be coming from the side view mirror.

I ended up trading the car after 6 months of driving it - due to all these little defects, including a lot of rattling noise from dashboard - but I am still subscribed to the tread and like to know if they can get this fix :^)
Old 04-29-2014, 12:40 AM
CO-rayman
7th Gear

Default Solved - 2013 Cayenne D whistling noise from driver's side at highway speeds

We took our 2013 Cayenne Diesel in today and found that there is a bulletin out entitled "Cayenne Wind noise from Window" for all Cayenne models 2011 to present (reference WM644019 1/17/2014).

Per the bulletin, the noise is from the upper part of the large door window where the large window meets the frame for the corner window. The adjustment is done by moving the window glass forward (ours was apparently moved 4mm forward).

And, the noise seems to be significantly reduced (per my wife - I haven't tested it yet but she has better ears anyway). Apparently, there is more adjustment room, so we can always take it back in to he dealer if needed. (It's just nice to know there is a solution.)

As for the Cayenne Diesel, we have 25k miles and have been very happy with it. We haven't had any other issues (no rattling sounds, etc.), except for this whistling noise and a battery drainage once. The battery issue was apparently due to our proximity (entry & drive) key being too close to the car and constant communication between the key and the car. The issue was resolved by making sure we lock the car in the garage to shut down the power consuming components.

Otherwise, we are still very impressed with the comfort, handling, power, and reliability compared to our past SUVs including Acura MDXes and a Volvo XC90. We get an average of 28-30 city and 32-39 mpgs (39 was going downhill with the wind behind us

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning "pressure whistle"