Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardwire switched fuse location for V1, FM modulator, DVD player, GPS, Seat Heaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:23 AM
achilles99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardwire switched fuse location for V1, FM modulator, DVD player, GPS, Seat Heaters

So, I've scoured this forum and Renntech, and have not successfully found a definitive thread showing which fuses are switched (ie, power on only when ignition is on). I'd like to install a V1, FM modulator for ipod, DVD player w/ rear headrest monitors, Nuvi GPS, and seat heaters.

On the driver's side, I've found that slot 51 (air quality sensor/tire pressure/diagnosis) has a 5A switched fuse. I'm using that for the GPS unit.

On the passenger side, slot 42 (I'm pretty sure that's the number, it's for the roof module/garage door opener) has a 5A switched fuse. I'm currently using this for the rear headrest monitor.

Has anyone found any other switched power sources on BOTH the driver and passenger sides? I'm still waiting for my indash player, seat heaters, and FM modulator w/ antenna adapters to arrive. I'd ideally like to put each on a separate switched fuse.

Related question: if I know the seat heaters pull 10A, what size switched fuse should I aim to find? 10A? 15A? What's the maximum it should be put on? I put the GPS and headrest monitor both on a 5A switched fuse, which I assume is plenty. Hopefully, this thread will help others installing these devices figure out which locations in the fuse panels are switched.

Quick Reply: Hardwire switched fuse location for V1, FM modulator, DVD player, GPS, Seat Heaters