Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cayenne On Top in JD Powers Survey

Check out the story on JD Powers Survey:

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...cans-Love-Best

Porsche Cayenne received the highest marks in the Mid-size Premium SUV category:

"All of the top-ranked vehicles in this category are known for being drivers' SUVs, but the Cayenne's engine, transmission and driving feel were rated significantly higher by owners"
Old 06-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

That's good to know. They better be as we paid too much for our SUV.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 909 Posts

Glad to see the Cayenne at #1 on the list. I have a good friend who just bought a 2008 Cayenne over a BMW X5 and a Range Rover Sport. He liked the styling of the Range Rover the best. The X5 seemed to have the most equipment for the price, and the Cayenne offered the best driving experience.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 PM
BuzzBomb
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my 2008 S for about a year now. So far it has been flawless. I also looked around at all the other brands and it was far better than the alternatives (Audi, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Land Rover etc.)

We do not like to admit it in this forum but the Cayenne is a rockin mid-size luxury SUV. Of course, now that I have said it I am sure I will find a pool of oil in my driveway tomorrow morning and my privelages to this forum revoked.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:58 AM
dustybottoms
Track Day

I lucked out on the JD Power survey...

Porsche Cayenne and the Mini Cooper... both #1 in their catagories.

... However, for the purposes of posting on rennlist let me add that I hate my crappy Cayenne and will barely stand buying my next one.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 AM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzBomb
We do not like to admit it in this forum but the Cayenne is a rockin mid-size luxury SUV.
I've seen this comment several times throughout this forum and while I do understand the underlying intent, I really hope Cayenne Owners don't get hung up on it. I am very proud of my CTT and very proud to have that glorious emblem on the nose of my CTT. I want and need utility in a vehicle and the Cayenne provides that as well as the driving pleasure. And, in the case of my CTT, the Cayenne is also the best automobile I have ever owned in my life. So, while the Cayenne is indeed as described above, "a rockin' mid-size luxury SUV", I would go one step further and proclaim the Cayenne as the "HEAVY METAL" of the SUV world (and I don't mean weight wise). After all, I believe the Cayenne is the one the others are judged against. There is NO SUBSTITUTE !
Old 07-06-2008, 02:34 AM
leek
Rennlist Member

Spent 8 hours in the 08 CTT today, Seattle to Bainbridge to Hood Canal and back via Tacoma. What a road car, very fine in the twisties out on Bainbridge and the Penninsula. Very pleased after 1+ years and 17,000 faultless miles. Very good tow and snow vehicle as well. Don't know what I would replace it with...
Old 07-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by JW3
I've seen this comment several times throughout this forum and while I do understand the underlying intent, I really hope Cayenne Owners don't get hung up on it. I am very proud of my CTT and very proud to have that glorious emblem on the nose of my CTT. I want and need utility in a vehicle and the Cayenne provides that as well as the driving pleasure. And, in the case of my CTT, the Cayenne is also the best automobile I have ever owned in my life. So, while the Cayenne is indeed as described above, "a rockin' mid-size luxury SUV", I would go one step further and proclaim the Cayenne as the "HEAVY METAL" of the SUV world (and I don't mean weight wise). After all, I believe the Cayenne is the one the others are judged against. There is NO SUBSTITUTE !
I agree that the Cayenne is a great vehicle, I love mine. That being said, if we didn't complain about out Cayennes, what would we talk about? I think you see the same thing on other automobile oriented discussion boards. They are used for problem solving, so the number of problems with the vehicle seems disproportionately high. There aren't too many posts that say "Nothing bad happened to my Cayenne today".

I think most people will agree that this vehicle is far from perfect, but it is still a great vehicle and I enjoy owning it.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I have about 75k on my '03 CTT. I love the vehicle. Only one breakdown at 21k. My major complaints: No spare tire, drinks oil like a village drunk and is relatively expensive to maintain. My previous gripe was the Michelin's wouldn't last more than about 15k. I have a set of Nokian's on now that are good for winter driving. After 10k they show mininimal wear. Now I don't have to change tires every 6 months.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:47 AM
leek
Rennlist Member

Blade MD, One of my supt. lives on Day Island. You probably see his Chevy Truck with a yellow ensignia on the side. Leon is a great guy and a great builder. Day Island looks like a wonderful place to live, do you enjoy it? I enjoy boating and your place looks like a great boaters location.
In 1960 my dad lowered his 17' Starlet cabin boat with the elevator lift at Day Island Marina, unfortunately he did not install the plugs, good thing it was still on the lift and was easily raised. My mom and I were in the boat and I can still remember her reaction.... I remember also when Day Island sold Reinell's and later on Sea Ray. Lot's of memories around that area.
Like you I am still running my winters (Pirelli), I may change in the next week or two or might just sell the 21's.
Yesterday in Indianola I added the first quart in 4000 miles, so maybe the oil consumption has quieted down on the later models. Mine also has a spare but I need to inflate it. Hope your are enjoying summer in the great pacific NW.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:34 AM
pred8or
Racer

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
I have about 75k on my '03 CTT. I love the vehicle. Only one breakdown at 21k. My major complaints: No spare tire, drinks oil like a village drunk and is relatively expensive to maintain. My previous gripe was the Michelin's wouldn't last more than about 15k. I have a set of Nokian's on now that are good for winter driving. After 10k they show mininimal wear. Now I don't have to change tires every 6 months.

I ran a set of Nokians on my CS almost 60k bought another set!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pred8or
I ran a set of Nokians on my CS almost 60k bought another set!
I would have gone through three maybe four sets of Michellin's in that interval. 60k wasn't even in my dreams when put these on last August! Do you like them in the winter? Here in the Pacific NW winter is mostly just rain except for a weekend run to the slopes. Last year was pretty mild so I wasn't able to challenge them that often.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by leek
Blade MD, One of my supt. lives on Day Island. You probably see his Chevy Truck with a yellow ensignia on the side. Leon is a great guy and a great builder. Day Island looks like a wonderful place to live, do you enjoy it? I enjoy boating and your place looks like a great boaters location.
In 1960 my dad lowered his 17' Starlet cabin boat with the elevator lift at Day Island Marina, unfortunately he did not install the plugs, good thing it was still on the lift and was easily raised. My mom and I were in the boat and I can still remember her reaction.... I remember also when Day Island sold Reinell's and later on Sea Ray. Lot's of memories around that area.
Like you I am still running my winters (Pirelli), I may change in the next week or two or might just sell the 21's.
Yesterday in Indianola I added the first quart in 4000 miles, so maybe the oil consumption has quieted down on the later models. Mine also has a spare but I need to inflate it. Hope your are enjoying summer in the great pacific NW.
PM sent Lee. What kind of oil are you using? Maybe that would help. Still using Mobil 1 0-40W. I could have opted for a retrofit inflatable spare and I still might do that. I had a blowout on I5 after the Hawks game last year in December with pouring rain. AAA flatbedded me after waiting an hour. I5 is nuts and I would not have gotten out to change a tire under those circumstances even with a spare.
If you were out in Indianola you probably had a very enjoyable 4th! I am still praying for a nice summer. Last week early wasn't bad. Hope to see more temps in the 80's+.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:11 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes me feel better to know they have improved.

My 04 CTT has been a PITA for the past 4 years. Although only 37k mi, it stilll has shakey wheels. (after 4 visits to dealers) new coils (2X), software glitches, 3 new NAV units, rear hatch repair (3X) Unending beeps and warnings that can't be confirmed, or traced. Oh yeah.. and it sucks the oil like a Lawn-Boy (1QT/900 mi avg) It's going back to Porsche in two weeks for-good, and I still can't decide on a replacement. (Dealer says it will be auctioned and probably be sent to Russia)

Poor Russians !
Old 07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by QKENUFF
Makes me feel better to know they have improved.

My 04 CTT has been a PITA for the past 4 years. Although only 37k mi, it stilll has shakey wheels. (after 4 visits to dealers) new coils (2X), software glitches, 3 new NAV units, rear hatch repair (3X) Unending beeps and warnings that can't be confirmed, or traced. Oh yeah.. and it sucks the oil like a Lawn-Boy (1QT/900 mi avg) It's going back to Porsche in two weeks for-good, and I still can't decide on a replacement. (Dealer says it will be auctioned and probably be sent to Russia)

Poor Russians !
It's going back to Porsche in two weeks for-good...

Quick Reply: Cayenne On Top in JD Powers Survey